h1b 7 th year extension delay

ranu123

h1b 7 th year extension delay--- GOT APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 6 years h1 visa expired on jan 19 , 2004. but I applied the 7 th year extenstion before that got receipt date as 30 dec 2003. But still my application didn't approved. The uscis website vermont center timings
26 feb 2004. I am worrying why my h1 is not approved and I heard from
my lawyer that I can wait only 240 days after my expiration of h1 before the
approval. Please anybody gone through this type situation or knows how long I can wait for the h1 extension approval. Thank in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a similar case. My H1 got expired on jan 28, 2004 and I had filed for exention on Dec 15th 2003. No response as of now. However, mine is first extension after 3 years.

I guess you have about two more months before your 240 day expires. You can change the processing to premium at any time and you'll get the response within 15 days. So you can wait for another month or so.

ranu123 said:
My 6 years h1 visa expired on jan 19 , 2004. but I applied the 7 th year extenstion before that got receipt date as 30 dec 2003. But still my application didn't approved. The uscis website vermont center timings
26 feb 2004. I am worrying why my h1 is not approved and I heard from
my lawyer that I can wait only 240 days after my expiration of h1 before the
approval. Please anybody gone through this type situation or knows how long I can wait for the h1 extension approval. Thank in advance.

pgarg said:
I have a similar case. My H1 got expired on jan 28, 2004 and I had filed for exention on Dec 15th 2003. No response as of now. However, mine is first extension after 3 years.

I guess you have about two more months before your 240 day expires. You can change the processing to premium at any time and you'll get the response within 15 days. So you can wait for another month or so.
I applied for my H1 Extension in sept2003, it is approved in Jun2004. these INS ppl are deliberately making delays in processing. they said, it is mailed, but, till now I did not get the approval in my hand. they create unnecessary RFE and make us to wait again for 2-3 months. they are taking there own time.. one more ridiculous thing is theey said it is mailed on Jun23rd and till now I did not receive it. I am not sure if they sent it really or should I assume that it is los in mail again ?? do you know that we have to apply for I-824 to take action on the approved cases ? but it is not free, they charge another 200 bucks for this. I think they are making reasons to get money from the people. we cannot track if they really sent it ? or is it really lost or what the hell is going on with them . we should just blindly believe that they sent it and it is lost in mail thatz all. not only that, I-824 processing is another 2years of waiting time. by the the time they send the duplicate I think the world will be change for us. I don't understand, why they are making things so complicated and putting us in trouble. they don't care ofcourse, b/c we are the non-immigrants who are supposed to suffer..

my nd is 31 oct 2003 and i am still waiting for my h1b extension approval. i dunno whatz happening

I talked to my lawyer and she talked to INS. They said, we should hear something back with in 4 weeks. My lawyer has asked me to wait for another 4 weeks. Let's see how it goes.

rblms said:
my nd is 31 oct 2003 and i am still waiting for my h1b extension approval. i dunno whatz happening

got approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

today jul 28 , 2004 my 7th year extension approved. my reciept notice date was dec 30, 2003. I am very very happy.
Thank you everybody for your courage words to keep my breath.

Last edited by a moderator:
Receipt Notice

My 6years on H1 are going to expire on 1st of Oct. My company have applied for the 7th year extension last month on 16th of July, 2004 ,But have not got any receipt notice (nor for me neither for my wife).I would like to know can someone tell how much delay in getting the receipt notice, I know there is a delay in getting the approval.

Can I call INS and check if they have received my application?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

ASG2002 said:
My 6years on H1 are going to expire on 1st of Oct. My company have applied for the 7th year extension last month on 16th of July, 2004 ,But have not got any receipt notice (nor for me neither for my wife).I would like to know can someone tell how much delay in getting the receipt notice, I know there is a delay in getting the approval.

Can I call INS and check if they have received my application?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

I got my receipt after 1 month.

H1B Extension approved

Finally my H1B extension has been approved. It's the first extension after 3 years.

RD: Dec 18, 2003
AD: Aug 10, 2004

I haven't received my papers yet.