H1 while pending I140

em401

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have been getting valuable information from this forum. I (my lawyer) finally filed I-140 last week. I have a question regarding my current H1. I am in a residency program, and my current H1 will expire by the end of June. When my current H1 was filed (by a hospital employee, who is well known for her poor job), they did not send proper documents, and that's why my start date was delayed by a month than planned. Now the hospital is submitting amendments for residents who are in the same boat as I am (she did all the visa filing). Since I have a pending I140, (none of my colleagues have the same situation), I wonder if it would be any problem to extend my current visa. Is there anybody who did the same thing? Is there anything that I need to be careful about? I worry if she make another mistake that might be disastrous. Please advise on this. Thank you in advance.

Nope. you have nothing to worry about.
However, If I am not mistaken--when they refile for H1, there will be a column or Q asking if you have filed for permanent resident status. In your case, the answer should be yes.
Assuming you are starting a job or a fellowship in August--you will be refiling for another H1.
in anycase, check with ur lawyer- u r paying him for gods sake !!