H1 Visa issue/ Green card

DreamUSA

Registered Users (C)
A friend of mine has expired H1 Visa stamp. His current status is that he is one 1 year extension for H1 (due to pending I-140) which expires in May 30,07. He has a business trip to Europe (not his country of origin) in Feb-07. He thinks that he can apply for a new H1 stamp in visiting Eurpean country.

I told him about the risks associated with this approach in case US embassy in Europe challenges him for VISA stamp due to 2 reasons: proximity of H1 status expiration and plus the fact that he is applying for re-enter Visa not at his country of origin.

Any thoughts/suggestions ?

Should he go to US Consulate in Canada and secure new visa stamp before travelling to Europe ?

U.S embassies in Europe will not entertain his request. His choice is Canada, Mexico and his home country

DreamUSA said:
A friend of mine has expired H1 Visa stamp. His current status is that he is one 1 year extension for H1 (due to pending I-140) which expires in May 30,07. He has a business trip to Europe (not his country of origin) in Feb-07. He thinks that he can apply for a new H1 stamp in visiting Eurpean country.

I told him about the risks associated with this approach in case US embassy in Europe challenges him for VISA stamp due to 2 reasons: proximity of H1 status expiration and plus the fact that he is applying for re-enter Visa not at his country of origin.

Any thoughts/suggestions ?

Should he go to US Consulate in Canada and secure new visa stamp before travelling to Europe ?