H1 visa DS-156 form incorrect date entered.Cannot edit it. Please help?

vikram24

Hi,
I think I have a very critical sitaution here. May sound simple but very complicated. I'm in U.s right now and my 3 years H1B visa status has expired. But I have my I-94 extended and also have a valid I-797 form. When I go to India I have to get stamped at chennai consulate in my passport for the extended visa which is in my I-94.

I booked an interview date for June 26th. Later cacelled the appointment and rescheduled it to August 17th. I also booked my tickets to India. Today I was checking the Forms after downloading. DS-156 says 'UTTRANCHAL' as the passport issued state. My Passport was issued from Chennai , Tamilnadu. I think while booking the date . The drop down we select state somehow changed to UTTRANCHAL instead of TAMILNADU. Now I dont know how to edit that because the date is fixed to August 17th. I Dont know how to edit this in DS-156 form. I've already cancelled my appointment date once and recheduled it. So I cannot cancel it again. If I cancel then it wont let me book my date till for another 1.5 months.

I have to be in India by August. Because its also my engagement which has been fixed at this time. I dont know If I can take this DS-156 form without the correct in the state coloumn which says 'UTTRANCHAL' instead of TAMILNADU.

I cant cancel my appoinment for the second time to edit this form as you all know the second time cancelling appoinment delays my scheduling for the new date. Please help me here.

Can I take th DS-156 form without doing the change in the state coloumn?
Is there a way I can change it before I go to the consulate?

Please helppppppppppppppppppppp!!!

Regard
Vikram

can cancel twice ??

As i understood, one can cancel the appointment TWICE...so you still have got one more chance....Please check this again on VFS-USA webpage...