H1 under review, H4 to H1 ammendment

mary79

Hi

Details of my Case
-------------------
1. H1 Approved in July 2006.
2. Attended H1 Visa Interview at Chennai - Dec 2006.
Visa Refused and case send for Review to USCIS - Feb 2007.
3. Came to US on H4 visa.
4. Applied for Ammending H4 to H1 on Aug 2007, when H1 was still with USCIS for Review.
5. Recieved Receipt of H4 to H1 Ammendment.

Questions.
-------------------
1. What is the chance of getting Approval for H4 to H1 ammendment.
2. Will it be helpful if i make H4 to H1 ammendment, case as premium processing ?
3. if H4 to H1 ammenment is approved, can i start working ?
But, i still do not have H1 papers with me, It was taken and send to USCIS for review at Consulate.
4. Or should i wait until my H1 review is done and my case is re-approved.

Thanks
Mary

Hi Mary,

I know its been a while since you posted this question and I have seen your threads posted to this forum. Looks like you have converted ur H4 to H1. Even we are going though the same phase, so your inputs are definitely helpful to us.

My girl friend applied for H1B in Apr'07 cap and she went for stamping in Sep'07 to chennai. She was asked to produce extra documents and we dropped the papers with the supporting docs in Jan'08. We got reply today saying that this case has been sent to USCIS for further evaluation. As we do not know how long this gonna take to resolve, so I am planning to marry and get her on H4 as dependent and then amend from H4 to H1. Its gonna be just similar to your scenario.

Now my question is how long did it take for you to convert to H1 from H4 and whats the procedure ? Your inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Regards,
Raj.