H1 transfer issue ...

rp1740

Registered Users (C)
I joined company B say on Oct 10th. Company B filed for transfer of my H1B. However, the H1B notice of receipt issued by UCIS states the receipt/notice date of 10/14/04.
Meanwhile company A with whom I was employed before joining B, cancelled my H1B with them stating in the letter to UCIS that my last day with them was 10/08/2004.
Does that make my status to be invalid from 10/09/2004 to 10/13/2004? Is there anyway this could effect my current gc process? Please advice.

Did you start working even before you applied for the transfer?? If that is the case then you are out of status from 10/09/04. And this can very well be the reason for the denial of transfer since you were out of status when the USCIS received your application for transfer.

My H1B transfer was mailed to UCIS by company B on the same day when I had joined company B i.e Oct 8th . However the transfer receipt notice date states Oct 14th. Does that mean I should have started to work for company B only after Oct 14th and not before even though the transfer petition was mailed to UCIS on the day I joined company B?
My transfer petition is still in process.