H1 to F1 URGENT

niravmodi1

I came to US on an F1 visa. I dropped out of school after getting status changed to H1 B. My H1 B visa term (I-94) expired (March 1, 2002), and my employer did not file for an extension in time (small company, got delayed unintentionally)

I am thinking of going back to school and completing my MS degree. My initial F1 visa expiry date is July 2002. My school has admitted me once again for the Summer Semester, beginning May 2002. I was told by the ISA at my University that I should leave the country, and come back with the old F1 visa and I-94 (valid till F1 status) and the new I-20.

I am thinking of going to Canada or Mexico to achieve this. I need to make sure that, even though I got an H1 visa stamped after I got the F1 visa stamped, my F1 is valid. Does anybody have any comments or experience to share.

Is there any chance that once I reach Canada or Mexico, I would not be allowed to come back into US?

A prompt response would really help me, as I need to decide a.s.a.p.

I have a similar question myself

I am on h1b1 for the last 5 years. It will reach the 6 year limit next year end. My GC is in process and is in the DOL. So can I keep the GC process go on and switch to F1 after the 6 year limit period and come back to h1b1 without leaving the country. And if in the event the GC is going on, I believe the GC would reach a status of I140 after which I really do not have to laeve the country under the new laws of immigration.

Kindly give a quick response. Thanks very much.