H1 to F1 - Stamping in a foriegn country

rraj0405

Hi All,
I was on a H1 visa from Jan 2001 till Nov 2005. Recently I moved to the UK on a permanent resident visa (the UK equivalent of a green card). Now I am planning to go back to business school in Fall 2006.

1> Can I get my F-1 vis stamped in UK or do I have to go back to India to get it stamped?

Would really appreciate some guidance.

Cheers
Ramesh

F1 Visa Stamping

Hi,

I am in a similar situation right now like the one you were in. I was on H1B and I have changed my status from H1B to F1. I have joined my university as a full-time student and now I need to get F1 visa stamping. I would like to know few things about F1 stamping.

• Should I go to Canada or Mexico? Which one would be quick and easy?
• Does the processing time differ from one US Consulate to other? Is there any particular US Consulate/Embassy in Canada or Mexico that I should be going to so the process is quick and easy for me?
• What documents do I need to provide to the US Consulate? Do the document requirements differ from one US Consulate to the other?
• How much time the visa stamping process would take?
• Since my status has already been changed are there still any chances of rejections? If yes, then what are my options?
• How sooner do I need to take appointment with the US Consulate? How much is the waiting period?

Your feedback would be highly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

Ankit Patel.