H1 Stampt Quesations

AtuPatel

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,

One of my friend in india has got his H1 approved, but he has following questions.I will really appreciate if someone can help him by answering following questions.

1) He has His Birth Date in correct in H1 Petition.Is this going to be any problem ??? Does he need to do any extra paperwork for this ??\

2) His H1 got approved in Sept 2001 and he wants to go for stamping in April or May 2002. Is this going to be good idea ??

visa stamping issue

Hi,
   My visa stamp(with the previous company) has expired in Aug\'2000. I did H1B transfer and joined another company in July\'2000 and since then I am working for that company.
   Now I have to travel to India in couple of months and since my previous visa has been expired more than a year I can not send my passport to DC for stamping. So I had to do it in India. My question is that will there be any problem to get it stamped in India since my previous visa expired more than a year ago?
  Are there any cases where Indian consulate refused to stamp in such cases?

thanks,

No Title

You can get your visa stamped in India, prefarably go to the consulate where you got your first visa stamped. But please remeber to carry all your certificates, all your pay stubs from your present and previous employers, your previous tax filing copies. You also will have to get one employment letter from your present employer adressed to the US consulate where you wish to get your visa stamped. YOU WIL HAVE TO TAKE YOUR PRESENT VALID I-797 NOTIFICATION IN ORIGINAL. ALL CONSULATES IN INDIA INSIST ON ORIGINAL. KEeP COPIES OF PREVIOUS AND PRESENT I-94. I hope this info is helpful to you. You can visit www.travel.state.gov for further information.