H1 Stamping experience in New Delhi + Document preparation and General info on intrvw

new_info_seeker

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
Its time to give back, this forum has been very helpful and informative.

The interview lasted about 2 mins. i think i was over prepared, nonetheless it gave me certain confidence to face the VO.

Me:Good afternoon, how are you doing?
VO:Good afternoon, pretty good, thanks
Me:Gave her ds156,157,interview letter,passport.
VO: gave a glance and asked when did i return from US
Me:Answered
VO:Are you still having jetlag?
ME:Yes,
VO:Can you give me ur W2's
Me:Gave all years W2.
VO:Your visa is approved, have a wonderful vacation and safe trip back to US.
Me:Thanks so much, you have a wonderful day.

That's it!!!

Here is the most compherensive list of the documents required for H1 stamping, collected through various sources,
All of these may not be required but it is good to take these along since they were asked at one point or the other. Just give what the VO asks for, dont flood them with documents.

Principal Applicant
-----------------------------------------
- Passport, visa fee receipt issued by HDFC bank and interview appointment letter.
- Original signed visa application forms DS-156 and DS-157 with a recent photograph affixed on form DS-156.
Photograph must be as per the specifications given.
- Take Two extra photographs.
- Demand draft towards Issuance Fee for Rs.2,300/- favouring your appointment consulate
DDs drawn on co-operative banks are not accepted.
To check issuance fee, log on to www.travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/indexNote: Mention your Name and Passport number on the reverse side of the demand draft.
- Administrative Fee ( VFS' Service Charge) RS. 281/-
Must be paid prior to the appointment.
This fee is payable in cash or by DD/HDFC Bank cheque favoring?HDFC Bank a/c VFS?. Must be paid at certain branches at HDFC bank . Should be paid along with visa application fee.
Non refundable.

- Offer Letter ( Employer or Company ).
- The original Notice of Action (Form I-797) ( Employer or Company ).
- Form I-129 ( Employer or Company ).
- Form ETA 9035E - LCA ( Employer or Company ).
- an original letter from employer that describes your proposed duties ( Employer or Company ).
- Employment Verification Letter ( Employer or Company ).
- Applicant Passport Copies.
- Photocopies of the first page, address page and last page of your current Passport.
- Photocopies of I-94.
- SSN Card (Social Security Number ) If Any.
- Original Pay Stubs ( Employer or Company ) 1 year.
- W2 Forms ( Employer or Company If any ).
- Original letters verifying your employment history and specific work skills ( Employer or Company ).
- Original degree certificates along with mark sheets.
- Relevant diplomas or certificates, e.g. computer certification.
- education evaluation copy/original.
- Take current project related documents, timesheets, design doc, screen snapshots.
- Take one year bank statement,utility bills.
- Latest Resume.
- 10-15 photos of inside office with colleagues.
- Proof of ticket for international travel.
- Current Client letter (Employer or Company??).
- Old offer letters.
- Old experience letters.
- DoB certificate.

If you have Previous Employer in US ( copies only )

- Form I-797 Copy ( Previous Employer ).
- Form I-129 ( Previous Employer ).
- Form ETA 9035E LCA ( Previous Employer ).
- Original Pay Stubs ( Previous Employer ).
- W2 Form 2002-2005 ( Previous Employer ).

FROM COMPANY (Employer or Company)

- Latest Income Tax Return
- Quarterly Federal Tax Returns
- Bank Statements
- Company Pictures (photographs)
- Corporation Articles
- Business License
- Office lease Documents

- xerox of all of the above.

First time applicants are also requested to bring the following items:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Names and current phone numbers of the personnel managers at the applicant's present and past jobs.
- Photographs of the inside and outside of current or most recent employer's place of business.
- Names and contact information of two co-workers from your current or most recent place of employment.
- Names and contact information of two co-workers from past jobs.
- A complete resume and cover letter describing current job duties in detail.
- Personal bank records for the last six months.
- U.S. company information: photographs of the inside and outside of the company's offices, prospectus, brochures, and annual report;
- If the applicant is current working in the United States on an H-1B visa, also submit pay slips for the current calendar year and federal tax returns (IRS Form 1040 and W-2) for all years in which the applicant was employed in the United States;
- A complete set of photocopies of the above listed documents. The application will not be accepted without the originals and photocopies.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Info
--- Pls. be clear in explaining what you are going to do in the US and why. This is an area where many applicants found it difficult to articulate even though they had it
--- The most important of all - BE COOL and BE CALM. Just be reponsible with your answers, as what you say is recorded and the VO might just base the issuance of the VISA on how convincing you are. Do not get flustered and when they ask you to get more information, and when they say it hard, thank them and leave politely. Remember, they have given you a second chance, so, its better to work on it.
--- Provide a detailed and specific account of how H/L worker will be employed during the next 12 months. Be sure to specify location, client and client contact information, nature of the project and duration of the project.
--- In your I-129 there's a section which mentions the degree of the applicant, if your employer or her attorney has mentioned the correct degree then no issues.If not, then you may get a refusal or a 221g asking for more documents. Also, make sure your employer clearly mentions the degree in your offer / appointment letter.
--- Check for spelling mistakes on the dd's you take.
--- Take all the address of the bank where dd's are done.
--- Some people have forgotten to take the original documents back from the VO, dont forget to collect all the originals after the visa process.
--- Take a couple of copies of ds156 and ds157 just in case.
--- If you are currently working in the US on an H1B visa, please submit your pay slips
for the current calendar year and your federal tax returns (IRS Form 1040 and W-2)
for all years in which you were employed in the US.
All H-1B applicants are requested to bring one extra photocopy of any original documents
they presented with their application package that they wish to be returned.
--- Please carry your resume and covering letter. Give your intro in a good way. after handing over the forms. Hand over your Job offer letter and tech resume. Brief about ur back ground.

Hopefully this helps.

Jai Hind

new_info_seeker said:
Folks,

The interview lasted about 2 mins. i think i was over prepared, nonetheless it gave me certain confidence to face the VO.

That's it!!!

Here is the most compherensive list of the documents required for H1 stamping, collected through various sources,
All of these may not be required but it is good to take these along since they were asked at one point or the other. Just give what the VO asks for, dont flood them with documents.

Principal Applicant
- Passport, visa fee receipt issued by HDFC bank and interview appointment letter.
- Original signed visa application forms DS-156 and DS-157 with a recent photograph affixed on form DS-156.
- Demand draft towards Issuance Fee for Rs.2,300/- favouring your appointment consulate
To check issuance fee, log on to www.travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/indexNote: Mention your Name and Passport number on the reverse side of the demand draft.
This fee is payable in cash or by DD/HDFC Bank cheque favoring?HDFC Bank a/c VFS?. Must be paid at certain branches at HDFC bank . Should be paid along with visa application fee.
Non refundable.

- an original letter from employer that describes your proposed duties ( Employer or Company ).
- Photocopies of the first page, address page and last page of your current Passport.
- Photocopies of I-94.
- Original letters verifying your employment history and specific work skills ( Employer or Company ).
- Take current project related documents, timesheets, design doc, screen snapshots.
- Latest Resume.
- Old offer letters.
- DoB certificate.

- Bank Statements
- Corporation Articles
- Business License
- Office lease Documents

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Names and current phone numbers of the personnel managers at the applicant's present and past jobs.
- Photographs of the inside and outside of current or most recent employer's place of business.
- Names and contact information of two co-workers from your current or most recent place of employment.
- U.S. company information: photographs of the inside and outside of the company's offices, prospectus, brochures, and annual report;
- If the applicant is current working in the United States on an H-1B visa, also submit pay slips for the current calendar year and federal tax returns (IRS Form 1040 and W-2) for all years in which the applicant was employed in the United States;
- A complete set of photocopies of the above listed documents. The application will not be accepted without the originals and photocopies.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Info
--- Pls. be clear in explaining what you are going to do in the US and why. This is an area where many applicants found it difficult to articulate even though they had it
--- The most important of all - BE COOL and BE CALM. Just be reponsible with your answers, as what you say is recorded and the VO might just base the issuance of the VISA on how convincing you are. Do not get flustered and when they ask you to get more information, and when they say it hard, thank them and leave politely. Remember, they have given you a second chance, so, its better to work on it.
--- Provide a detailed and specific account of how H/L worker will be employed during the next 12 months. Be sure to specify location, client and client contact information, nature of the project and duration of the project.
--- In your I-129 there's a section which mentions the degree of the applicant, if your employer or her attorney has mentioned the correct degree then no issues.If not, then you may get a refusal or a 221g asking for more documents. Also, make sure your employer clearly mentions the degree in your offer / appointment letter.
--- Some people have forgotten to take the original documents back from the VO, dont forget to collect all the originals after the visa process.
--- If you are currently working in the US on an H1B visa, please submit your pay slips
for the current calendar year and your federal tax returns (IRS Form 1040 and W-2)
All H-1B applicants are requested to bring one extra photocopy of any original documents
--- Please carry your resume and covering letter. Give your intro in a good way. after handing over the forms. Hand over your Job offer letter and tech resume. Brief about ur back ground.

Hopefully this helps.

Jai Hind

Thanks for the wonderful information. This is really useful. I am planning to go to New Delhi in January for visa revalidation. I am currently working in US.

I have few questions:

1. Do you belong to Delhi jurisdiction? The reason i am asking is, i am from South part of india and I heard that if you are resident of US, you can go to any of US consulates
2. Did you stay in any hotel? if so, can you please give the particulars.
3. Did you pick up your passport by yourself or did you recieve it via courier?

Thanks again.

ciril99 said:
Thanks for the wonderful information. This is really useful. I am planning to go to New Delhi in January for visa revalidation. I am currently working in US.

I have few questions:

1. Do you belong to Delhi jurisdiction? The reason i am asking is, i am from South part of india and I heard that if you are resident of US, you can go to any of US consulates
No, I am from Bangalore, it is true you can choose to go to any consulate if returning from US, while taking the appointment you get an option to choose as residing in us and then all the consulates pops up, you can choose any one of them
2. Did you stay in any hotel? if so, can you please give the particulars.
No, I stayed at relatives, but heard that there is a hotel named Ajanta which near the consulate which is decent with all facilities like internet,taxi etc.
3. Did you pick up your passport by yourself or did you recieve it via courier?
I got it via courier, took about 1 week from the date of interview to arrive

Thanks again.

Documents

hi new-info-seeker

what documents did you send to VFS in advance and how. Please provide a list.

I believe we need to send them atleast 5 working days in advance. please confirm.

thanks

advani said:
hi new-info-seeker

what documents did you send to VFS in advance and how. Please provide a list.

I believe we need to send them atleast 5 working days in advance. please confirm.

thanks

advani,

Only for the Mumbai consulate do you have to send it in advance not for Delhi.

Congrats new_info_seeker ,

I would really appreciate if you could please answer few questions?

For which year of H1 you got revalidation? Is it your 7th year or more revalidation? Was it was based on pending green card?

Did you see someone over there who got there revalidation based on pending green card?

I am on my 9th year and have my I140 approved. I have received my 3 years extension based on my approved I140.

Did you meet someone like me? What are my chances of getting revalidation?

Please do reply.

Thanks,
VivekS

vsaxena said:
Congrats new_info_seeker ,

I would really appreciate if you could please answer few questions?

For which year of H1 you got revalidation? Is it your 7th year or more revalidation? Was it was based on pending green card?
i havent yet completed my 6yr term, mine was L1 to H1 transfer, but i do have my 140 cleared
Did you see someone over there who got there revalidation based on pending green card?
Nope
I am on my 9th year and have my I140 approved. I have received my 3 years extension based on my approved I140.

Did you meet someone like me? What are my chances of getting revalidation?
1)No
2) I really cant help you with that question i think its all dependent on the VO

Please do reply.

Thanks,
VivekS

end_the_wait said:
advani,

Only for the Mumbai consulate do you have to send it in advance not for Delhi.
That is correct, only mumbai consulate requires docs to be sent in advance, its all in their official website, please do your part of research before posting such questions.

new_info_seeker said:
Folks,

That's it!!!

Principal Applicant
Non refundable.

- Photocopies of I-94.
- Latest Resume.
- Old offer letters.
- DoB certificate.

- Bank Statements
- Corporation Articles
- Business License
- Office lease Documents

General Info

Hopefully this helps.

Jai Hind
Hi,

I really am in need of some help. I have got H1B visa approval notice(I797 form) from my employer in US along with other documents in the package. I have filled up the DS156 and DS157 form and booked an interview date. I just want to know should I submit all these documents and form I797 to the Mumbai Visa office where my interview is scheduled or should I directly take these documents along with me on the date of interview.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Visapower

Thanks for posting such useful information. I am currently on my 7th year of H1 and my latest approval notice (I-797) is valid until July 2009 based on my pending 485 application. I have a few questions regarding my upcoming appointment at the US Embassy in Delhi.

#1. I have scheduled my appointment for Jan 4th, 2007 since that was the only available date during my stay in India. I recently heard that appointments are more easily available these days but apparently that was not the case at least when I booked. Infact I have other travel plans around this date for which I have confirmed reservations. Is it possible to get a different date if I monitor the system constantly? Taking cancellations into account.

#2. What is a blanket petition?

#3. What do they mean by, "Foreign Nationals requires to carry a Demand draft for the applicable issuance fee. To check issuance fee, log on to www.travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/index ". I checked the site and it says "None" in for Fees in case of H1-Bs from India.

I have already paid a Visa Application Fee of $100 (Rs. 4600) and a VFS Service Charge of Rs. 322, at HDFC Bank and gotten the receipts.

successful stamping of H1 and H4

The whole process at Delho took 30 mins.
they are not honoring the appointment time but letting people in on a first in first out basis.

I went at 8:30 even though my appt was at 10:30.

asked a few questions:

who do i work for, if i worked with them the whole time or if i worked for anyone else while I was in the US.
what my salary was?

Askedddd my wife whne we got married. how long she was in the US,
where we lived in the US?
if we liked it there?
If we had any kids?

thats it.

do we need to take visa issuance fee for attending H1B visa at newdelhi consulate? If so would appriciate fee details. It was not clear about fees based on folllowinf information.

Indian passport holders will no longer be required to submit an Issuance fee demand draft for $50 at the time of the visa interview. Holders of Indian Certificates of Identity or Bhutanese passports, continue not owe any reciprocity fee