H1 Stamping ( 7th year) in Canada

jraghavan

Registered Users (C)
All,
I have visa appointment in Ottawa, canada for the 7th year H1 stamping.
2 weeks before i received a Notice of Closure from Dallas BEC . However this is case of wrongful closure and lawyer had requested BEC to reopen the case.
Will this be any problem for the stamping ? Does Consulate Sink with Dallas BEC labor case. My lawyer applied for 7th year H1 with 365 days pending letter from Illinois SWA office and i have the copy of that letter.
Can someone tell me it's safe to do stamping now.

Thanks!

jraghavan said:
All,
I have visa appointment in Ottawa, canada for the 7th year H1 stamping.
2 weeks before i received a Notice of Closure from Dallas BEC . However this is case of wrongful closure and lawyer had requested BEC to reopen the case.
Will this be any problem for the stamping ? Does Consulate Sink with Dallas BEC labor case. My lawyer applied for 7th year H1 with 365 days pending letter from Illinois SWA office and i have the copy of that letter.
Can someone tell me it's safe to do stamping now.

Thanks!

As far as I know case closure has nothing to do with getting H1B stamping done. Since you have I-797 approval it should not matter. If I were you I would not worry about this at all. However, its always good to take legal advice from a lawyer.

Thanks GC Lover , I hope that i'm optimistic like you. I was worried that
Consulate could sink with Dallas BEC database and could get a Case Status.
Also i'm worried about latest Consulate procedures in Chennai regarding 221(g) request for Client letter describing project details etc..I'm not sure this is applied to Canada. Plus what could be strong reason for coming to Canada instead of going Home Country. [ Business trips , meet clients informally , no appointment date in home country , no vacation are usual excuse which CO is not buying it ].

jraghavan said:
Thanks GC Lover , I hope that i'm optimistic like you. I was worried that
Consulate could sink with Dallas BEC database and could get a Case Status.
Also i'm worried about latest Consulate procedures in Chennai regarding 221(g) request for Client letter describing project details etc..I'm not sure this is applied to Canada. Plus what could be strong reason for coming to Canada instead of going Home Country. [ Business trips , meet clients informally , no appointment date in home country , no vacation are usual excuse which CO is not buying it ].

I don't think consulate could sink with DBEC database its like this, if you have applied for 485 and are also on H1 and for some reason your 485 is denied, you are still allowed to stay legally in country (till your H1 expires) because you have valid H1.

I am worried about those 221gs too, I am not sure what strong reason can you give to go to Canada. If your company has office there you can say business reason but your company would have to lie with you on that by giving you letter. They will not do that.
I was also worried about that so I took mumbai consulate apointment on Jan 30th, I just want to get the stamping done so I can spend some time with pressure in India. This whole process is too frustrating, specially the pressure that builds on you couple of weeks before stamping. :-(