H1 restamping in matamoros

prats321

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My H1 stamping (dont in matamoros) for 1st three years expires this oct. I have already sent in for renewal for another 3 years and am awaiting for the approval.

I will be travelling to India in oct end, therefore wanted to get stamped before oct end. My question is ---can i go for restamping in mexico before my initial visa expires? ie. can i go may be in sep after i have got the new approval? or do i have to go only after my initial visa expires...

Also, is it different for different consulants-- mx, canada or india?

Thanks in Advance,
Prats

I have similar question, if you appear for your visa extension before it expires then if you get the visa, no problem you can reenter to US. In case 2 if your visa denied then what you need to do??

If someone can share their experience much appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

From what I understand you can apply for a new visa only either 60 or 90 days prior to the expiration of your current visa. I was told 60 days but have read elsewhere folks were allowed to apply 90 days before also (please go through my earlier posts, I remember there was a discussion on this).

Even if your current visa is valid, once your new application is rejected or put on hold for name check etc., you can no longer use your current valid visa to re-enter the US. I am not sure if the current visa is cancelled or not, but I remember reading that you are not allowed to use it to re-enter. They probably anotate something against the visa number in their system which let's the re-entry immigration officer know there's a hold on it, even if it is not physically stamped.

Can I appear for visa in Mexico if my first time H1B visa issued from London, UK??

Thanks for the information. I have question can you please answer.

I had my H1B visa stamped from London, UK. My wife & son had from India.

Now I am planning to appear for the visa stamping in Mexico and I read some website that the applicants are eligible for re-stamping of visa in Mexico or Canada only if they had their visa stamped from their Home County earlier. Please correct me if I am wrong?

That should not be the case. I am from Pakistan but had both my previous H-1B visas stamped from Johannesburg, South Africa. When i went down to Matamoros, Mexico, my previous stamping Consulate was not discussed. My issue was with name check. So you should be OK.

Good luck,

Jawad