H1 issue please help

greencardfreak

Registered Users (C)
HI,
I came to usa on F1 visa, i had to complete 21 courses but completed only 20, due to an error on the side of my university and their erroneous count they said that i completed all my courses, i applied for my OPT and received it from INS. My OPT expires in december of this year.

I applied my H1 and got approval (this is from a consulting company) and my H1 start date is the day after my OPT expires. Now on OPT actually i am working with another company, my present company offered me a full time position and are willing to transfer my H1.

My question is Can i transfer my H1 to my new company now or ever. If yes, can i do it right away, even though i didnt join my consulting company yet and the H1 starts only in december. If no then what are my options.

regards

You say that you havent yet fulfilled ur course requirements..ie not graduated??
Now u also say tht ur H1 starts from the day ur OPT expires...ie from say Dec??
Now only H1's filed under the 20K special quota for MS in US guys have this flexibility....in other words u musthave got ur MS degree already???
Please clarify this out....also u may go ahead (if u have got ur degree already) ask ur new employer to file for ur H1. You can have multiple H1's filed for u....of course u can choose just one in the end though.
Hope this helps.
Anand