H1 & H4 Visa stamping Experience in Kolkata & Delhi from Chennai jurisdiction

niceone

Registered Users (C)
Hello South India Guys,

Please share any experience in H1 & H4 Visa stamping Experience in Kolkata & Delhi from Chennai jurisdiction

Also please mention whether it was a fisrt time or renewal.

hi,

I am also from south india. on March 22nd we got visa(H4) for my baby girl in Delhi consulate. they have taken my original I-797 and they mailed me back with my baby girl passport with visa.

thanks,
ksk.

Can you please send me a draft letter for employment verification for spouse visa stamping.

Thanks a lot in advance

Visa Stampting at Delhi but I fall under Chennai jurisdiction

I m going to india in 1st May and i got appointment on May-10-05 for visa stampting at Delhi but I fall under Chennai jurisdiction.Due to busy at Chennai, i booked appointment at dehli.

what if they ask me why i come to delhi instead of going chennai.Thank you vry much for help.Hope they dont ask any questions and send me back to Chennai under section 220g

I did get stamp at chennai and St.louis and now planning to Dehli for stamping.

I heard if i did get stamp at chennai first time then there are chances are sending back to chennai for stamping.

Does anyone expericence the abv suiation.?

What are the questions i may expect?

your help is appreicable.

I am currently working in US. My previous H1 Visa expired in 2003 Feb, filed H1B extension but didn't go outside country to get stamping. After that changed Employer in January 2005, H1B transfer got approved. I am planing to go India in May but I was not able to find slot in chennai till August, So I booked interview slot in Delhi in June, heard that we can modify depending on earlier available dates, would appreciate if you can let me know whether I am eligible for appointment in Delhi.

Hi dal999,

i am same boat like ur. i guess its ok to go delhi if we dont get date at chennai. i am working USA going in May and got date on 10may in delhi.i enquried few guys here and my friends who went to delhi and got stamped without any issues. lets hope for best.

Kolkata for residents of chennai consular division

Dear friends
I have got web appointment in kolkata on april 25th as there were no dates in chennai before the start of my job. I hope there would not be any problem. However the approval notice of my case was sent to chennai as stated in the approval form. Is there anybody with a similar situation or does any one know whether I 824 should be filled? Kindly post information if U have any.

Any experience with new H4/L2..

Hi,
Has anyone who belong to Chennai jurisdiction received a new H4/L2 (dependent visas) from Kolkata or New Delhi??

Thanks!,
Sc3

i got appoint ment at kolkota in june
is there anyway to get it early
as its a emergency for me to visit india

My friend & his wife went kolkata last month and both got stampinng without any problem.Remember this not a new stamping.But that was his 7 year ext.But i would like to know Has anyone who belong to Chennai jurisdiction received a new H4/L2 (dependent visas) from Kolkata or New Delhi??

Any one did got or atleast tried on both counsulate from chenni region please share ur exp.

Thanks

Thanks niceone!! The information really helps as I will be going to Kolkata for a 8th year extension. The requirement for 7th and 8th year is pretty much same.

I got an appointment in Kolkata sometimes last week. The earliest available date was 20th July.

Thanks

Helloooooooooooooo

Has anyone from south been to Delhi or kolkata for first time
H4?

Share ur exp.............

I got this reply from one my friend in other forum.

My wife obtained her H4 visa at Delhi consulate. She belongs to Chennai region. We had fears if they will refuse her as she did not belong to Delhi region and did not have any emergency reasons. They did not ask for any emergency reason. They asked a few simple questions like when did the marriage take place, marriage certificate, photos etc.

Share ur's experience if any one pass thro.........

niceone said:
I got this reply from one my friend in other forum.

My wife obtained her H4 visa at Delhi consulate. She belongs to Chennai region. We had fears if they will refuse her as she did not belong to Delhi region and did not have any emergency reasons. They did not ask for any emergency reason. They asked a few simple questions like when did the marriage take place, marriage certificate, photos etc.

Share ur's experience if any one pass thro.........

Thanks for sharing!, when is your appointment? I am going to Kolkata in late June for our appointment for new H4.

I am planning 2 nd week of sep'05.But still not yet decide delhi or kolkata.I heared kolkata is very kool than delhi.Can you share ur kolkata exp after ur's wife h4.Also i asked the guy about the doc's his wife carried...here is the reply

1)This was my wife's first H4 stamping.
2) I am here in US while she attended interview in New Delhi.
3) Documents we prepared other than reqd. forms DS-156 &157
(a) Marriage certificate & photos
(b) I-797 of H1B approval and i-129, My employment verification letter.
(c) A photo of me inside office with colleagues.
(d) My salary slips for last 4 months, tax returns and W2 copy for last 3 years.
(e) Notarized affidavit of support
(f) Flyers abt company I am working for.
(g) Electricity/phone bills showing my proof of residence.
(h) My complete passport copy and I-94 form.
(i) Proof of ticket for international travel for my wife after obtaining visa.
(j) Lots of prayers ;-)

Good luck

Niceone, you really are the nice one!, Thanks for the list, I guess I need to buff up my documents with a couple of extra things based on this list. I will post our experience (I already have my visa, I am just going for my wife's H4)

Sc3

First time H-1 B stamping

Hello
Does anyone have any experience getting a first time H-1B stamping done in Delhi or Calcutta,with the region jurisdiction being Chennai,because of lack of appointments in Chennai in September?
Case is for my fiancee who came to the US on an F-1,changed to H-1,didn't get that stamped,and is looking at joining a new company,and using that 797 to get visa stamped.
Thanks a lot for the help in advance.Gurus pls advice.

Thanks!
Sam6