h1/h4 question..urgent please help

purab2000

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

One of my friends needs guidance in H1/H4..he is on a valid H1B but in india for last 8 months due to family emergency and didnt work, he has H1 visa stamped(renewal in oct in chennai)...now he is getting married in feb and planning to come to US after marriage ..he wants his wife to get H4 using his h1 but he is worried as he didnt work for sometime and dont have paychecks..iam not sure how many people had similar case but any help is appreciated.could anybody please suggest what documents he should submit to get H4 for his wife in this case? will it be a problem for H4 due to lack of paychecks? please help..we would really appreciate it..

Thanks,
PK

Is he still working with same H1 sponsorer? Is he working for their India office? If he does, then he can show that he was on official assignment in India for some period (on company letter head) and now returning back to resume duties in US. Last US paystub and all India paystubs + offical letter should be fine.
Hi All,

One of my friends needs guidance in H1/H4..he is on a valid H1B but in india for last 8 months due to family emergency and didnt work, he has H1 visa stamped(renewal in oct in chennai)...now he is getting married in feb and planning to come to US after marriage ..he wants his wife to get H4 using his h1 but he is worried as he didnt work for sometime and dont have paychecks..iam not sure how many people had similar case but any help is appreciated.could anybody please suggest what documents he should submit to get H4 for his wife in this case? will it be a problem for H4 due to lack of paychecks? please help..we would really appreciate it..

Thanks,
PK

thanks for the response..he has his H1 with same employer, its valid with visa stamped but he didnt work over this period for 8 months, neither in US nor in india..

Hello purab2000,
I am in same situation like yr friend. I am planning to go india very soon and thinking to come back after 6 months and also planning to get married in dec. After marriage i m thinking to apply for my spouse's h4 visa. Please let me know wht happend in yr friend's case.
Appreciate yr reply.