H1 Extension issue

nviswanathan

Hi,

I had applied for my H1 transfer/extension in Oct 2002. I finally got it approved couple of weeks back. It states that it is valid from Jul 2003 to 2006. I consulted my attorney and he said it was fine and should not be a problem.

My question is:

1. Should I ask my attorney to contact BCIS and get it resolved, or is it ok as it is. I need to revalidate my visa a.s.a.p since it expires in december.

2. If in case, it is fine to keep it as it is, what would my status from Oct 2002 to Jul 2003 would be? Will that affect my green card processing? Since we need to furnish details of previous employement etc.

Kindly let me know of your opinion. I need to act earliest as my current visa has been expired since last december.

Thanks in advance.

-Naga

You are fine....

I don't think you will have any problem during GC or Visa stamping just because you were waiting to hear from BCIS regarding pending H1-B extension (from Oct 2002 to Jul 2003).

I was worried if my status would be considered out-of-status from Dec-2002 to Jul 2003 as I wouldn't be having any petition for that period.

Thanks for you response.

-Naga

Do you have a receipt notice from the BCIS for the paperwork you submitted in Oct 2002. If yes, then I think you will be OK.