H1 extended, I-94 denied!

rb79

This is not in regards to this message but another you posted here sometime last month. You had mentioned that USCIS can give you a H1 approval and not I -94. Why would they do that. You say is it because of seucirty check.. For H1 extension, do they do security checks. How can they do that, when it does not ask anything on h1b application. Usually extension means, I-94 while in US. Have you head of any case, where they have approved the H1 extension, but asked the applicat to leave the country. What proof do you have that they might be doing something like this.

I know this because that happened to me last year, but I file MTR and usics admitted that they made mistake and reversed their decision. I hope I dont have to go through that again. Basically I have DWI, I think that played a role in it, but after I send the all the court Papers, they reversed their own decision. Hopefully all that is in their system. The only thing, last year it was done in TExsa, this year my case was transfered to Califonia.

This just happened to me. I got my I797 notice of action (H1 extended for 3 yrs, but I-94 denied) on May 14 and on May 28 my 180 days are up. Lawyer says that there's not enough time for filing an amended I129 and that I have to leave the country and get the Visa stamp from US Consulate in Mumbai. Is an amended I129 the same as an MTR?
My lawyer missed the filing date of Nov 30, 2006 and filed on Dec 19, 2006. I think that is the reason for the denial of extension. The I-797 mentions a separate notice of action that I never received. So I am not sure as to why the I-94 was denied, but can only speculate that the late filing was the cause.
Any helpful info will be appreciated! Wish I had found this web site earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
well actually it applictiaon 290b. This works better because you get USCIS to open your whole file again and explain why the rejection is wrong. You have time to file that. My attorney did everything in 1 day.

You need to start looking at anohter attorney. It does cost money. U can goto inida and get it stamped, and that will be cheaper option for you.

Going to Canada or Mexico is also an option, but you must hurry, a day over 6 months and you are doomed for at least 3 years.

I did talk to a local AILA affiliated attorney last week and they told me that there isn't enough time to do an amended I129 petition.