H1 ext.

msps

Registered Users (C)
My H1 is valid (both I-94 and visa) till Nov 2003. Can I apply for H1 extension using premium processing now.

Also my dependent's I-94 is valid till same date as mine. If I apply for my extension using premium processing, will they also get the extension at the same time as I get?

Thanks

Yes, u can apply for premium processing now.
If u submit H4 appplication along with H1 for premium prcessing, then H4 will also get approved with H1.

Well...

If you have applied for H4 extension also, then only dependents would get the extension......

If you apply only for H1 extension... dependents wont get the extension automatically.....

So Act fast if u didnt apply for it

Hey Guys.. according to the "processing times" page VSC is currently processing 5/5 cases. Does this mean that if you apply now and they keep processing at the same speed, you'll have your case processed in two months? I'm just wondering weather I should apply for premium I have to travel in three months.
I'd appriciate your help.
Thanks

Well, u cant say if the processing speed will be the same.
Since u want to travel in 3 months, better to go for premium, else u will be tensed in the last minute about the approval.

Just found out that my company applied in the regular category.. But looks like I can express it with submitting 1000 bucks and the form for premium processing.. Now I'll watch for a few wks and do the premium proc if things seem slow...
thanks for your response.

Well I am not sure if you can change the normal processing to premium process in between the process by paying 1000$.

Please check with any attorney. If the answer is still yes you can doit.... please post it .... it will useful to many people waiting for H1 approvals, extensions.

Gccrawl

Badobo,

Do you know anyone who changed to premium from normal during the normal processing of extension?

Is it mensioned on any site?

Thanks

Check this excerpt from INS website...

How do I file a Request for Premium Processing?

Complete and sign Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing Service. Attach a separate remittance of $1000. The I-907 may be forwarded to the Service Center where your I-129 petition is already pending you may file the I-907 and I-129 together at the Service Center designated as the appropriate filing location on the instructions to the I-129. In both situations the unique address shown on the Form I-907 should be used for proper delivery to the Service Center’s Premium Processing Service unit.

link

GCCRAWL,
I dont know anyone in person, who has changed from normal to premium processing. But, if u search - u can see some postings in that regard.
Also, see the link below,
http://www.bcis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/prefeenr.htm

Businesses may request Premium Processing on PENDING and NEWLY filed petitions and applications by filing a completed Form I-907 (Request for Premium Processing Service) and paying the $1,000 fee.

yes i have applied for H1 7th year and H4 in premium processing
on Aug 1st still waiting.... for clearance as it would take around 10-15 days for processing.....

Hi guys,

Does anybody ever had any problem in extending their H1B visa after filing I-140/485 application. My HI visa is expiring in Nov, 2003 and i already applied for its extension in July 2003. Since it is taking 30-120 days to process H1 application, which will be close to the date of expiration of my current visa.

Should I apply for an EAD card (to be safe) or just wait for my H1 extension (anticipating that it will be approved without any problem)? I would rather like to work on H1 visa until my GC gets approved? Please suggest... I know its easy to change job with an EAD, but job is not an issue for me now.

Thanks in advance.

Well,

If i were you... i will make it Premium processing immediately...
as it would be safe to use your H1 till I get greencard stamping atleast.....

once H1 expires, and if something happen to GC processing you will be no where....

So you can send 1000$ extra and make it PP asap.

Thanks GCCRAWL,

I just came to know from my attorney that one can still work for 240 days after the expiry date of current H1 visa (if BCIS has not approved visa until then). So premium processing will not be of any much help here.

My concern is that if something happens to my H1 extension (I don't know if this sort of things happens to others or not), then I can no longer work on H1. So is it not safe to apply for EAD card (but not use it)and keep it until H1 gets approved.

Any comment.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes... it sounds very safe in your case.....

In that case..... no harm in spending 120$ for workpermit.

And also benifit of workpermit is..... you may have to spend only 120$ every year instead of 1130$ for H1 extension.

All the best.....

:D

H4 Extension

Hey guys can anyone let me know what is the process for H-1 extension. My compnay is doing my H-1 extension. Mi visa expires on Feb 2004. WHat should I do for H-4 extension for my wife.

Thanks