H1 expired, Traveling on AP

GiantRider

Registered Users (C)
Hi Forum Experts,

I am going to travel out of US and re-enter in December using AP. Port of Entry will be SFO(San Francisco). My H1B expired in September 2002. H1-B Extension was filed in May(at that time, I didn't have AP), but not approved yet.

This is the first time I am going to use my AP.

What all documents do I need to carry with me?
Passport, Recent Paystubs, 1 original of AP, what else?

If I need to carry an Employment Letter, Could you please advise me about the format?

Please share your experience in entering US via SFO.

-gRider
ps: I485: WAC-02-094-XXXXX

Take it easy

Don't worry.. I entered SFO without valid H1 and just parole. So they did not ask me anything but asked for my parole and stamped. You have to go to a different room. But otherwise it is good to have a copy of your petition, employment letter, paystub whatever you can get. You might not need it but just in case..

Good luck

TI:)

Question for TajIndia

Hey TajIndia
Question for you. Did they documented some where, when you left the country and verified the same when you are back. I mean did they check your advance parole when you left the country.
They just stamped the AP or verify in their system for its issue date/application date/etc.
Please respond
Thanks
Akish

Hi,

I wanted some info about AP. We (me and my wife) have applied for I-485 and our fingerprints were done on June 2002 and case processing has resumed. Meanwhile my H1-B and wife's H4 expired and we got it renewed.
My question is if I have a valid H1-B and H4 for my wife, do we need an Advance Parole to go out and come back to US ?
Please share your views regarding this.
Thanks.