H1-B visa stamp for canadian citizens

rajrahul_k

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I really would like know if a canadian citizen needs to get a H1-B visa stamp at the US consulate or at the port of entry. I asked my lawyer today and he said "you have to go to the US consulate". I also tried booking an appointment but it wouldn't let me. It just says that all canadians should go to the port of entry. Please help me... Any advice on this issue would be great.Also, if anybody has some experiences in these issues please share. Any help is greatly apprecited.

Thanks,
Raj....

rajrahul_k said:
Hi,
I really would like know if a canadian citizen needs to get a H1-B visa stamp at the US consulate or at the port of entry. I asked my lawyer today and he said "you have to go to the US consulate". I also tried booking an appointment but it wouldn't let me. It just says that all canadians should go to the port of entry. Please help me... Any advice on this issue would be great.Also, if anybody has some experiences in these issues please share. Any help is greatly apprecited.

Thanks,
Raj....
Canadian citizens do not need visas to enter the US. You can present your I-797 H-1B NOA document to the CBP officer along with your Canadian passport and you will be given an I-94 and allowed into the US.