H1 B visa approved but no I 94

No I 94 But Can Start Working

HELLO EVERYONE.....i have still not got the I 94...but i got my SSN # amazingly...also i receievd a call from the IMMIGRATION SERVICES and they said that i can start working and dont need an I 94 for it...but i wld need it for GC purpose so he said that i shd file form 102 with the local INS office.....which will give me a new I 94.....i had written a letter to the DHS (PRAKASH KHATRI - OMBUDSMAN) and that helped me a lotttt.....good luck everyone.

update - good news

Hello everyone,

As you are aware that I used to work for company A and then left to work on company B and then returned to company A. When I returned back to company A we filed for an H1-B transfer. The USCIS somehow misunderstood my application and approved the petition but the I-797 approval notice did not have an I-94 attached to it. I was advised by my lawyer to go out of the country and just reenter since I had a valid H1 B visa and I would be issued a new I-94 at the POE (you cannot go to canada or mexico as they dont issue a new I-94). I did as was advised but instead of showing my new I-797 for company A showed my old I-797 for company A by mistake. So the USCIS issued me a new I-94 card valid till the date of my old I-797. We tried to talk to the POE officer after I came back the following day but he said since it was my mistake that I did not show the latest approval notice they cannot do anything else. Then my lawyer advised me to file another H1B application for extension again. We filed under premium processing this time. It got approved and amazingly in 1 day. The application reached on Friday and the approval came on the following monday. I got the approval notice and receipt on the same day. My approval notice had the new I-94 card with the new dates of extension but the same I-94 which was issued to me when I had reentered US after I was issued the I-797 without the I-94. Please note that I was never out of status.

I hope this message helps all those people who were in a similar sitation as mine. Good luck.