H1- B Transfer (quota)

peachpink1

I am currently working with a university as a research technician. I have a Pakistani nationality and am on an H1-B visa in the US. My H1-B started on April 1st 2005 and is valid for three years. I have completed my bachelors in biology and have been working here since august 10th 2004. Now I am trying to switch jobs from an academic institution to a biotech company (my work will be similar in both the places; research). My question is will my H1-B transfer to my new employer (the biotech company) or will they have to sponsor me all over again? Is there a minimum period of time I have to remain with the same employer after receiving my H-1B for it to transfer?
If the company will have to sponsor me for the H-1 B all over again do I have to wait till October (for the new quota) to join the company or can I file the paper work now in august and start immediately with the new employer.

Hi,

I have similar question on H1 transfer.

1) I am going on short visit (1 week) to USA and during this time I want to apply for H1 transfer and come back. Is this ok? OR should I wait till I get acknowledgement/receipt from immigration dept then start returning.

2) Can I travel only for getting H1 transferred staying minimum time in USA.

3) After 1 week's travel and returning back to India, giving a gap of 1 month, can I travel to USA for the new empoyer along with family having H4 visa stamping done by the old employer name in passport as petitioner. I mean, do I have to go to chennai consulate for visa stamping having new employer name as petitioner.

thanks