H1-B to EB-1 to GC?

rene

Hi, I have been working for a company in California for 6 years on a H1-B. For various reasons I never initiated the process of applying for a green card (I know I know). My H1-B expires at the end of 2000 so my time is almost up.

My (USA) company is willing to have me work in their European office in a management position. I believe it is possible to get a green card and work at the US office again if I work for more then 1 year in a manager/exec position abroad based on EB-1 visa. More importantly I think I could avoid labor certification based on a multinational executive position (true?).

What is the quickest way to get a green card? Do I use an EB visa (EB-1, EB-2??) or the L-visa? Please note that I want to get to green card status as I want to be able to change jobs (something which was not really possible under H1-B and I guess also with EB-1 and L-1 ?).

My company is very flexible and is giving me a good job in the European office. If I work in Europe for more then a year can I get back to the USA by using an EB1 application and apply for a green card?

Any info would be appreciated. Cheers, Rene