H1 B(texas) papers sent on 9 august 2005

preena78

Registered Users (C)
Hi

the consulting company told me theres time for filing H1 and i delayed my filing .Then filing on insisting i filed for H1 .i submitted all papers on July 20 but the lawyer worked on it only in Aug( so the consultant says).and filnally sent my papers on Aug 9 2005 . Now on 14 aug 2005 he calls and tells me that they cant assure if my petitiion will be accepted or not .
---what should i do? .
----will i get my money back?when will i get to know if my petition is accepted or not?
help me i cant afford to loose so much money . :(

If you want to see that your application is received or not, i would suggest that you immidiately transfer your application from Normal to Premium. What you will loose is $1000 only. But, in that case, if USCIS will accept it, means you are in quota otherwise, you have to wait till next year's quota which starts from April 01, 2006.

I would suggest that instead of waiting for a year, you should take the chance of $1000.

Hi
my papers are sent on 9 Aug 2005 .I dont know if its reached on 10 or after 10th . The consultant told me it might take a month to know if its rejected .
The lawyer is not taking my calls either ,
What should i do ?

preena78 said:
Hi

the consulting company told me theres time for filing H1 and i delayed my filing .Then filing on insisting i filed for H1 .i submitted all papers on July 20 but the lawyer worked on it only in Aug( so the consultant says).and filnally sent my papers on Aug 9 2005 . Now on 14 aug 2005 he calls and tells me that they cant assure if my petitiion will be accepted or not .
---what should i do? .

You can't do much about that. Wait to hear from USCIS.

Premium processing does not help you because premium processing expedites processing by USCIS only after your petition is accepted. If your H1B petition is received after the cap is met, your petition willl be returned.

USCIS has announced August 10, 2005 as "final receipt date." Any H1B petitions received on that date will be selected on random basis.

----will i get my money back?

If USCIS does not accept your petition, they will return your petition to your employer or the attorney together with the fees.

when will i get to know if my petition is accepted or not?

Varies from service center to service center. Usually, your consulting company should hear from USCIS this week or before the end of next week. Keep in touch with your consulting company.

help me i cant afford to loose so much money . :(

Hi studious ...

thank u for the response .
is there anyway by which i can know if the case is accepted or not any sooner .
The attorney says she sent it on Aug 9 ....she delayed the filing ..almost 23 days to start my paper and finally sent it on Aug 9

ok like u said let me wait tillnext week.

thank u