H1 B stamping at US Embassy in Ottawa

saratdevineni

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have an appointment scheduled on April3rd 2007 at US Embassy in Ottawa, ON and wanted to find out if they are giving back the passports on the same day as the interview is or on the next day.

When I visited them in June 2005, I got my passport back the same day with my H1 stamp. I am wondering if there any changes in this now

Appreciate a reply

Thanks, Sarat

passports on the same day @Ottawa US embassy??

Hello Sarat

I have an appointment scheduled on 17th April 2007 at US Embassy in Ottawa, ON and wanted to find out if they are giving back the passports on the same day as the interview, as I booked my return tickets on the same night.

Could you please share your experience on ottawa.

Thanks in advance
Nyc_Dude

Ottawa fees

Hi all,
I have an appointment in Canada this thursday.I want to know what are the fees.Just to cons=firm that it is 100USD cash if i am right.

Apart from this anything special i need to take care of other than the usual documents.

Pl. let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,
I have an appointment in Canada this thursday.I want to know what are the fees.Just to cons=firm that it is 100USD cash if i am right.

Apart from this anything special i need to take care of other than the usual documents.

Pl. let me know.

Thanks in advance.

If your appointment is in Ottawa, you just need 100 USD cash. However, I have read that for indian citizens you might also have to pay a reciprocity fee of 50 USD cash. I read it somewhere in this forum. Even if they do not ask you to pay at the embassy, tell them you need to pay it. You might want to doublecheck the 50 USD, just in case. Goodluck and please post a message after you are done. I have an appoitment in Ottawa next Monday.

is any one going to ottawa on 29th may for stamping? i have appointmnet at 9:00 on 29th. let me know if anyone is interested in joining me ...am planning to drive from NJ