H1 b (renewal after 3 years) being rejected in India?

akela

Registered Users (C)
I heard it from two peoples atleast that if you went to Indian consulate to get your visa restamped, they were rejecting it. The case I am talking is that you were in US for 3 years, applied for extension got your papers back but went to India for restamping it, instead of getting it stamped here in US.

Now these guys had also 'heard' the story so I want to confirm it here, does anyone know about it.

Thanks,
akela

Doubtful

It is doubltful that they will reject all the people applying for extension. I think most people get it stamped without any problem. But some people with some complications can get rejected.

No problems for H1-B Extensio after 3 years!!

I got mine done in mid july. No probs!! Cool it!!

Cheers,
Ganesh.

H1B revalidation

Hi akela,
Can you please share with me what did happen to the guys you mentioned who got rejection of their revalidation? Whether their case has been forwarded to AFU or they got rejected upfront by the embassy folks? This is because I am also in the same case but they have forwarded mine to AFU. Please share it with me so that it will be helpful for me.
Thanks,
Venky

Need some enlightment!!

Folks,

I am missing something here. I had got my extension of H1-B (after my first stint of 3 years on H1-B). I took the papers to US consulate in India (Chennai). Got it successfully stamped in 3 days, in July 2002. I had lost my passport and chose to go back to India to get it revalidated in US Consulate in India (Chennai) to avoid months of delay here in US. Got the H1-B stamped on the new passport in Dec 2002.

I didn't find any problem. In both the cases I was not even called for an Interview.

Can somebody enlighten me here as to what exactly was the problem?....

As far my knowledge goes, US Consular posts world over cannot 'technically' reject a VISA. They should let the applicant know what was the grounds of rejection. It is usually an extreme case. Most cases what people term as 'rejection' is the consulate sending their passport back without stamping the VISA and requesting for additional information.

Even in my second instance in Dec 2002 the US Consualte sent my passport back without stamping the visa saying that they would like to see my old passport (which apparently I lost in car burgulary). I had explained that I do not have my old passport as it was stolen and reapplied. I got it within few days.

BTW, What is AFU?

Cheers,
Ganesh.

H1B revalidation

Hi Ganesh,
AFU means Anti Fraud Unit. Also, in my case there is no rejection but there is a refusal at that time I applied. For me, I have attended two interviews even though I had given all the documentation, and at the second interview gave me a letter stating that my case has been forwarded to AFU. I am wondering what prompted them to forward my case to AFU; also, I would like to mention that the questions asked by the officer were not in any cordial way and it looked like me kinda harassment, scanning every person as if he is going to US on some kinda fraud. Thank God you didnt have any problems, but I saw a person in the embassy with similar problem (he lost his passport while coming through Singapore 2 months back and got his new passport and trying to get his revalidation) and for him they gave a letter stating he will be informed in due course (lucky his case didnt get forwarded to AFU but that letter didnt say any time frame and didnt mention whether he'll be issued any visa).

Venky

I am sorry to hear that!!

Hello Venky,

I am sorry to hear that. I guess there are couple of instance they say they forward the case to AFU... If you have switched muliple companies during your H1 period.... or if the suspect that your degree is from one of their blocked 'University' list....

BTW, may I ask you which consulate you had this problem with?

Cheers,
Ganesh.