H1-B Refunds for 2006 and 2007 application fees

Canuckle

I have applied for an H1-B Visa in late May 2006 and again on April 1, 2007. For both applications the proper fees had to be submitted. I have yet to recieve a refund for either year. For the one in 2006, the Quota was filled on the friday prior to memorial day weekend and my application was submitted on the Tuesday after memorial day. My 2007 application was submitted on April 1, 2007, but did not make the cut.

I would like the fees refunded as I did not get the H-1B's and my lawyer has been stalling and incompetent.

Am I entitled to a refund for either or both years? When can I apply for a refund? What other issues or problems do I need to be aware of to try and get a refund?

Any help would be appreciated. So far application fees paid to date range in the $7000 mark with nothing to show for it.

Canuckle

If you did not get the H1s in either year, your employer should have gotten the money back from USCIS along with the application packet. I think it's between you and your employer. You take it further the way you like with your employer. There are some fees the employer must pay.