H1-B extension beyond 6 years and GC

BhavaniS

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have been hearing conflicting rumors about when the H1-B can be extended beyond the normal 6 years.

Rumor 1 : H1-B can be extended year by year only of I40 has been filed, and NOT after your labor has been filed.

Rumor 2: H1-B can be extended year by year so long as your labor has been filed at least an year, and before the H1-B expiry.

Please enlighten :)

Rumour 1 is true (IMHO).
To get the 7th yr extension on H must have filed a immigration petition within 5 yrs of your 6 yr H1. I-140 is an immigration petition not labor.
HTH

Originally posted by sb_tiger
Rumour 1 is true (IMHO).
To get the 7th yr extension on H must have filed a immigration petition within 5 yrs of your 6 yr H1. I-140 is an immigration petition not labor.
HTH

I don't know about these rumors. But mine I will explain what happened.

I applied for G.C labor 1-Year before my 6 year limit.
According to new rule you don't have to have labor approved as long as you applied for labor 1-year prior to 6 year limit.
You don't need to have 1-140 applied or approved.
I got my 7-year extenstion based on the above criteria.
May the info I gave helps.
K_P_K

Can a H1B1 holder who's H1B1 expires in April 2004 can apply for the labor process tomorrow can he be eligible for the 7th year extn. If so when should he apply for the H1B1 extn if he applys for labor tomorrow.

You can file H1 ext 7th year even labor is pending

I got my 7th yr extension approved when the labor is still pending. So there is no question of filing I 140.

Is this state level labor or federal level labor????? Can I file the H-1B seventh year extension after one year of the state level labor application.

One can extend H1-B beyond six year if any (LC at any level or 140) is pending over a year.

7th year extension

Hi RSK1,

How long it took for H1 7th year extension?
What are the documents you have submitted?
How long before can we apply for this?

Do we have attach original receipt of LC application indicating the receit date? (from State DOL )

Can I reach you on your email or phone?

My mail address is stunpad@yahoo.com

Please help me...... in this regard.

Thanks
GCCRAWL

Extension

According to what I know, your H-1B can be extended in one year increments beyond normal 6 years until a decision on your green card is made if you have Labor certification application in process which is more than one year old or any later stage than this e.g. filing of I-140 etc.