H1 B application via Premium Processing

cherylnaz

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,
I submitted my application for H1B on April 26th, but the receipt date is May 9, 2006. Since I didnt hear anything from them and it was nearing end of September, I applied for premium processing on Friday. It reached the USCIS on Friday at 10.51am. However, I read alot of posts where they say they will give an answer within 15 working days. So I am wondering how serious this 15 day deadline is. 15 working days takes me to October 19th. They also havent notified my employer or sent me a new EAC number. I am very confused and scared. My OPT expired on September 5th, so with the grace period I have till NOvember 4th. What does everyone think. Please help me out and reply to me so I can sleep at night. What I want to know is, will I have an answer on my status by October 19th if its premium processing??
Thank you.
Cheryl

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the same boat as you. My notice date is April 16th I think, and my opt expires on 9th Oct. Still haven't gotten the approval. I think I should go with the premium processing as you.

Still not approved.

I am in the same boat as most of you. My reciept date is may 26th. My lawyer recommended that i do premium processing and so tomorrow i'm filing for premium processing. We'll see how it goes from there.

My premium processing application was received on September 29th. So my 15 days will end on October 13th. Will they let me know by October 13th for sure?

All of the cases I heard got the response in 15 days. If INS cannot process your case in 15 days, they will refund $1000 to you but still put you in PP.

without getting a receipt number??? Is it normal not to get a receipt number even though a week has passed? the 15 days expires next friday..

does that mean it showed online that they receive it on sept 29???

i sent my PP application on oct 2 but it didnt show anything online until oct 6. do i start counting 15 days from oct 2 or oct 6??

dee2006 said:

i sent my PP application on oct 2 but it didnt show anything online until oct 6. do i start counting 15 days from oct 2 or oct 6??

i believe you start counting 15 days from Oct. 6th (the date they recieve the application).

dee2006 said:

i believe you start counting 15 days from Oct. 6th (the date they recieve the application).

cherylnaz said:
without getting a receipt number??? Is it normal not to get a receipt number even though a week has passed? the 15 days expires next friday..

You can use the original receipt# to track your case. It'll tell you if your case is on PP or not.

but even though I know fed ex delivered it..followed the tracking number till it was delivered.....they still say my application for premium processing has not been received.....emails sent to the VSC processing center say give it till middle of next week......coz they havent received it yet....check has not been cashed either......oct 13th is 15 days after fed ex delivered it.....one of the customer representatives said if I feel comfortable, send in the application again ....so i was thinking of doing that coz between 2 applications for premium processing, one would get picked....what do you think??

It is weird

I would suggest you to send them email and generally they reply. they replied when I h-1B PP application got rejected, they said that they have send the papers back on Oct 3rd but I have not received it so far But I send it again last thurshday, so to make sure that it has reached and they have started processing the application.

Please Help Urgent H1 Ext

My H1 7th year expires 10/31/06. We are in the process of filing 8th year extension. My company is waiting for the Prevailing wage determination from workforce comission. Anyway by the time we file H1 extension with premium processing it will be around the 16th. How soon will some body get a reciept. Because I need a reciept by oct 31st to continue employment. Will I get any email if we do H1 extension online with premium processing with receipt no. Can somebody please help...................................

REjected PP

because they say use revised form with date 08/28/2006 but my form was expiring on Sep 30th and it reached USCIS on Sep 29.

So I donot know what they thought and rejected.

So use the latest form fromUSCIS website .

I filed for PP on Sept 29th. All I have to prove it is the FED EX tracking number. The USCIS says they dont have my application for PP yet. From this forum I read one guys post who got an approval without a receipt number, another guy got his receipt number on the 13th day, etc. I am scared. The Check has not been cashed either and today is day 13. 2 more days left. I am concerned because my OPT grace period ends November 4th and I have read from these forums that they make you leave the country to get it stamped. Do you think I should hear by November 4th. MY original form has a receipt date of May 9th, and my PP form was sent (fed ex) on Sept 29th. So by November 4th I should hear right?? SOmone who knows please send me your reply. Your reply will help a great deal, so please reply with your thoughts.
Thanks in advance for your words.

My Application got APPROVED today. I sent it for premium processing, but it got cleared before the premium processing came up, so I have landed up saving my $1000 too.
So heres the details:
EAC #06161*****
Center - Vermont Service Center
Receipt date - May 9th, 2006.
Advanced degree quota.
OPT expired on Sept 5th...was on grace period till November 4th.

Nothing changed from then till now.
Upgraded to Premium on Sept 29th.
No receipt number generated.
This FREAKED me out.
Calls and email to the Premium Processing office said the premium request was not found.

October 11th, the online status changed to Approved.
But its been approved on its own, as a form that was filed May 9th. Had nothing to do with Premium request.

They emailed me today saying they will be sending my 907 forms and my check back in the next few days.
Dont worry guys.....it will all work out in good time.
I'll keep you in my prayer too...because these past 2 months have been killing me softly...so i know what it feels like to be in your shoes.

Hi Cheryl,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I am in the same situation you were in. My original reciept date is May 26th. I hadnt heard anything and as a result my lawyer filed for premium processing per my request on Oct. 5th. They recieved the PP application on October 6th. My lawyer got the email today from USCIS stating that PP request has been recieved and I will be hearing a response from them 15 calender days from the date recieved (which is October 6th).
I am getting so nervous. But hearing other peoples success stories gives me hope.

Thank you all for all the updates. Its been very helpful.

i dont understand why you can't have more info unless you are the petioner or the lawyer. the PP line wont give more info to the beneficiary i dont know why