H1 approval (notice date May 6th)

immisiva

Hi guys,

My H1 has been approved.
Status H1 (non-capped) to H4 to H1(capped)
center: VSC
Notice date: May 6th.
3 digits: 159
Approval date: 10th Aug

Good luck to all of you that are waiting for approval! If you have any questions let me know and I will be glad to answer them.

Congrats..

What do you mean by 3 digits: 159.. Are those digits from the receipt number? What is their significance? I dont believe that they do first come first serve anyways...

immisiva said:
Hi guys,

My H1 has been approved.

Good luck to all of you that are waiting for approval! If you have any questions let me know and I will be glad to answer them.

Good Congratulations.

Venkat

H1 approval

the three digits are the 3rd-5th digits of the receipt notice number. Apparently, people seem to think that the appln gets approved progressively on increasing receipt numbers.

For example, receipt number XYZ-##-156-##### have been approved a while back and now numbers with -159- are being processed.

It might help you to approximately guesstimate when your appln will be approved.

hope this helps...

Well that exactly what I thought you meant by the 3 digits and as you said that people SEEM to think that these digits help determine when your case may be processed. I believe that this is all hogwash. There is no first come first serve basis in USCIS. I just saw a case on www.trackins.com which had the 3 digits of 167 and it was approved. Mine are 163 and still no sign. Same service center.

This is so frustrating...

ImmiCrap,
Yes its really frustrating. what i observed is , generally its taking ~3 months for the approval. some people are lucky enough to get approval before 3 months.

Let's wait :-(

my notice date is 18th april,,
is there any one ,,who has the same date,,and hvnt heard anything from USCIS??
can anyone tell me, please,,,what should i do now,,??
its been 4 months now,,
Thank you

I have noticed that it generally taking 3 months for the approval. Some people are lucky enough to get approval before 3 months.

I have a receipt date of May 15. EAC number is 166. I guess I should expect the approval by the end of this month.

issy007 said:
Mine is 166 and still waiting (still at vermont)
Mine is 166 too. My receipt notice date is 15May, normal processing, VSC.
Whats your receipt notice date.

Kindly let us know if urs is approved.

Thanks

mine is 161... reciept date is May 10...
On Aug 1st i got a notice saying that my application has been transfered to LINCOLN, NE for processing. Does anyone know what does that mean????
I recieved another notice saying that some internal processig is taking place on aug 7th. havnt heard anything ever since.

immisiva said:
Hi guys,

My H1 has been approved.

hi immisiva,

how did USCIS inform you that your application has been approved? was it be email, snail mail, or thru your lawyer?

my notice date is may 25.

thanks!
chris

here is the mystery behind the 3 digit that you are talking about. That 3 digit is the date your application was entered into the system. It is calculated from Oct 1 of that processing year. So for our H1, the processing year is Oct 1, 2005. Add up all the days from Oct 1 to the day your application's notice date. And from that number minus the number of saturdays and sundays.

The first three alphabets are the service center code. The next two are the year. The next three numbers are the day, and the last five numbers are the sequence numbers for that day.

the reason you see some applications processed ahead of yours is coz they might be premium processing. And also, Vermont has transferred some applications to other centers. That could also be a determinant. In addition to this, H1 extension applications form a different queue.

Thank Frostrated. I had figured most of that out except for the subtracting of Saturdays and Sundays. I still however believe that the processing is not being done on first come first serve. There seems to be a really wierd random selection. :rolleyes:

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
well,,u r probably,,right ,,my 3 digits are 143,,and if i calculate the way u told me,,it comes to 142,,so,,probably u r right,,but it really doesnt matter,,but i also believe that USCIS is not processing the applications as per the notice dates,,,,

you see the erratic processing due to the applications being sent to CSC and TSC too. Some applications are transferred to these centers to get all the applications processed before Oct 1. If your application gets transferred, you are in a good position as it will get processed faster than if it were sitting at VSC.

jungleehiren said:
well,,u r probably,,right ,,my 3 digits are 143,,and if i calculate the way u told me,,it comes to 142,,so,,probably u r right,,but it really doesnt matter,,but i also believe that USCIS is not processing the applications as per the notice dates,,,,

True, but the bottom line is that instead of VSC getting faster as a result of these transfers, the centers like NSC and TSC are getting fast. This is pathetic.

frostrated said:
you see the erratic processing due to the applications being sent to CSC and TSC too. Some applications are transferred to these centers to get all the applications processed before Oct 1. If your application gets transferred, you are in a good position as it will get processed faster than if it were sitting at VSC.
:mad: