h-4 to f-1 status change, HELP!

sa m

hi everyone! happy new year !
my queries are:
1.what are the documents i need to get status change from h-4 to f-1.(i am starting my test prep classes in kaplan on the 9th of january,2006)
2. what KIND OF LETTER i need to enclose , as in, what should be the content of the letter along with my application form.

NOTE: - my husband will complete his h-1b quota of 6 years within the next two months
-hence i will lose my h-4 status after two months.
- therefore can i mention in the letter that since he is leaving the country and i want to continue with my studies, i will need to move on to an independent visa status.

Application for F-1 needs admission into the school. It looks like you dont already have an admission. I am pretty sure, you cannot apply for F-1 if that is the case (please consult an attorney).

I am sure you might have thought about it, but anyway:
If your husband has already applied for Labor (for Green Card) more than an year ago, he and along with him you can apply for extension of H-1B and H-4 respectively.

If you have not already been here for 6 years, you have the following option
1.) You can get a Job offer and apply for H-1B yourself( but with the regular cap filled, you only have an option if you have a MS degree in US, that too immediately, as Advanced Degree Cap is also running out)

2.) Someone mentioned about L-1, L-2 visas, you may look into this. I have no clue what these visas are for.

Good Luck!