H-1B Transfer

Kohli Rahul

I am currently in the US on a H-1B visa. I have received another offer and would like to switch jobs. I do know that I will have to file for a H-1B Transfer in order to join the new company. I would like to know the following:

- Do I need to wait for the H-1B Approval OR can I start working with the new employer as soon as I receive H-1B Application Notification from the INS?
- Can I utilize Premium Processing to file for H-1B Transfer?
- What is the exact process for Premium Processing?

Any help with regards to the above questions will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Assuming that you are working in H-1 status

You can join the new employer immediately upon filing. You can file an H-1 transfer with premium processing but why would you need to since you can join the new employer immediately? To file for premium processing you pay an additional $1000 and complete one additional form.

Jim

Advantages of Premium Processing

And what are the advantages of Premium Processing?

Additionally, will the new employer still need to file an LCA?

Thanks!

Rahul

It\'s faster

and more expensive, other than that, everything else is the same. An LCA is required with ALL H-1 petitions.

Jim

go for premium processing

i have a rd of aug10\'01 and still waiting, regretting for not applying using premium processing.(thought i\'d save money).
my advise dont be pennywise... and pound ...

It\'s an H-1 transfer

What difference does it make since you can join the new employer immediately upon filing and travel on the old visa with proof of filing? It\'s throwing a thousand dollars in the toilet if you ask me.

Jim

No Title

I heard you can still change it to premium even after filing it.
Just send them a check etc.. check with your attorney..