H-1b transfer issue

kishoremaley

Hi,

I am in a complex situation. Need some experts advice.

I used to work for a company A from November 2006 to June 2009. Company A was acquired by company XYZ and I was an employee for company XYZ during the transition period and I got released from company XYZ on 15 June 2009. I transferred my visa to one consulting firm ABC. USCIS received my h-1b transfer papers on July 1st. Currently I am working for a client through the consulting firm ABC.

Coming to Green card status, Company A also filed my green card and I got my I-140 approved on 14th Sep 2007.

Recently I came to know from my friends that acquired company XYZ started revoking our old approved h-1bs because we are no longer employees of that company.

I got an REF for my h-1b transfer filed by the company ABC on 20th Aug and I still don't know what is in REF.

While facing all this changes happening in my life, I got interviewed for a full time position from company BBBB and they made a verbal offer. Also, this company promised me that it will apply h-1b premium transfer and start Green card processing ASAP.

Given this scenario, I have couple of questions to ask.

1) Am I in valid status?

2) What if my H-1b transfer is rejected?

3) Can I work for new company BBBB?

4) Can I again transfer my h-1b to company BBBB while my other h-1b transfer is pending with ABC.

Please give me some suggestions.

Regards,
Kishore.

Hi,

Wait for RFE and respond accordingly.
Your company BBBB can file concurrent H1-B for you instead of transfer. In that case you won't mess up H1-B transfer to ABC. You must response to RFE eventhough you may not work for ABC. If you have filed with ABC before your XYZ initated revokation with USCIS you will be fine as long as your transfer reached them before revokation letter.Don't abondoned ABC processing as that will be your legal status at the current moment.

I hope this information helps.