H-1b ,Sibling becoming USCitizen

supender

My wife who is on H-1B recently got her amended petition approved. Her companies attorney sent her approval notice and a letter stating that if her sibling obtain US citizenship we should inform him as they might have to file some additional documentation. The tricky thing is I am on H-1B from a different employer , I used my own attorney for filing and my brother recently got his US citizenship. I did not ask my attorney if any additional thing needs to be done in this case. I wonder if any one knows if it will help me to contact my attorney regarding it.

Re Phrasing my question : I am on H-1B, 5th year starts today , no I-140 active, my brother recently got his US citizenship. I intend to stay in US. Other than finding a good employer who will will file my I-140 , is there any other proceeding I can initiate via my brother. Also if is is mandatory to report that my sibling receiving US citizenship to USCIS.

Please help.

Your brother may file a sibling petition. The wait is quite long.

You must realize that even though you "intend to stay in the US", it may not be possible. You need to have an alternate plan. A employer green card filing at this is extremely difficult at this time due to the number of USCs and LPRs looking for work.

Never lie to US immigration authorities. If fraud is detected, GC and even citizenship can be revoked.