H-1 Transfer - urgent

Himanshu Shah

Registered Users (C)
I applied for H-1B transfer in July. INS requested RFE in october and I sent the clarification in November. It is approved on 30-nov-01. I started working early november, so I\'ve current paystubs. From August through november I didn\'t work for any company. According to new law, do I have to start working for the new company once I got my receipt notice(got in august)? Will this create problem for me in future. What if I apply for H-1 transfer in december with another company?

I don\'t think you have to start working when you get the receipt

The law says that you can work if you would like to once you get the receipt. But you can wait until the actual approval to start working. As long you are in status you are fine.

what did INS ask for in RFE?

I need do H-1 transfer, Can you tell me which form need fill? I hope the H-1 transfer could be delay for some reasons, Can you tell me what did INS need in RFE later, how to delay the process? I hope the H-1B transfer can be take 3 months, so I am in status in the gap before getting pay. Thanks you very much.

what did INS ask for in RFE

INS usually asks for documents if you are missing any or if they need further clerification regarding one of the documents you have submitted.

submit documents for H-1B transfer

Thank you, Himanshu. Can you tell me what documents(Checklist) is needed for H-1B transfer, specially, What documents is needed from new company? Can I file the application or new company have to file the application with the INS.
Again, thank you for your time and help.

documents

You should ask yr attorney for the list of documents needed for H-1 transfer. Usually this includes, Current resume, all H-1 approval notice, I-94, current pay-stub, I-20, EAD card, SS card, pages of yr passport, Degree certificates, trascripts etc.
You can file the application but the company has to pay the fee.

RFE

I got a RFE from INS asking me to list all prev employer names and dates of employment for h1-h1 transfer. I have been in status always. I think my lawyer forgot to send prev H1b approval notices and send only last co\'s notice. Could this be the cause. Any other papers I shd send, has anyone seen a query of this kind?Any suggestions ?

H1 B receipt notice

My company ahd recently applied for a H-1B transfer on December 7th at the Vermont Service Center. Does anyone have any idea as to how long does it take these days to receive the INS receipt notice from the Vermont Service Center. Thanks.