H-1 extention without attorney

babegirl42000

Registered Users (C)
Need help for H-1 extention without attorney

My H1B1 will expire on Dec 2003.
I am trying to see if it is possible to file I-129 without an attorney.

Please give me a ideas/feedbacks on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your employer can submit an I 129 petition with all the paper work without a lawyer. If you have ur previous I 129 copy, fill out the same with new details of employement period and ur company income. If you have a valid LCA its fine otherwise you can get one instantly authorised by going to dept of labor website.

Is it possible to be denied by not using an attorney?

Thank you for your response.
I cheked my LCA from 2 year ago, and it says it's still valied from 12-11-00 thru 12/11/03...
Is it ok to use it?

also,,,
I wonder if BCIS would deny my case becuase my company didn't use the lawyer..
Please give me any input for those who read this post.
Have you ever heard this kind of case?

I saved all materials from my initial H1. Since my lawyer screwed me up and awful. I studied a lot and can follow every step by myself. ....

Your company can file your extension without a lawyer. In fact that's what mine did for both the original H1 filed and approved in 2000, and the extension that was filed this week.

I see that the LCA is expiring at around the same time as your H1 - so need to get your LCA extended before you extend your H1.

So get your labor done first and then the H1. The process is more or less the same as the original application. Old documentation should help.

OET code

Thank you for your reply. I may do it by myself.
Would you give an comment for question below?
Extending a labor is not a big deal, but problem is DOT code.
My previous lawyer for H1 is different than who I use now for my I-140.
They picked different code for my job.
Should I go apply for LCA with the new DOT code that the current lawyer picked?
then my documentation may need a revision, and maybe inconsistent with what I submitted for initial H1.
Please help

H1 is supposed to be done by the employer - so even if you help your employer fill it, the onus is on them to provide the correct code.

THis is not a legal opinion, but my gut feeling is to go with the code that was used for the orginal H1. However, I don't know more about the issue that you had earlier regarding the code used, so you might want to use your discretion.

My H1 is expiring in April 2003, but the LCA used for the H1 is valid till Feb 2004. Is it possible to reuse the same LCA to file for H1 extension?