H-1 B validity

nannadanam

Hi folks,

I have H-1B visa stamping from one company. After coming to US, I have shifted to another H-1B from my current employer. I have the original stamping from my old company until October of this year. I am not sure whether my old employer has cancelled my H-1B visa. Is it okay for me to travel to India in July and come back using the old stamping or should I go for new stamping with my new H-1B visa ?

My current employer told me that its okay to go and come back on the old stamping as long as the dates are valid. Is this true ?

I need to decide quickly to go visit my family urgently.

Thank you,
Raj

"My current employer told me that its okay to go and come back on the old stamping as long as the dates are valid. Is this true ?"

It is only true, as long as your previous company doesn't withdraw your H1. If it is withdrawn, then the BCIS records will reflect it. At the port of entry, you will be denied entry.

As you do not know, whether your earlier H1 was withdrawn or not, its not advisable to take risk and use that visa for reentry. My advise is, you better get a new visa stamp, before your return.

Bob