Guys who are getting laid of This is how to beat the System and use 180 rule! Maybe?

snoop dawg

Registered Users (C)
OK guys here is something I thought about.

If you are about to get laid off >180 days of filing.

1. Make a strong case saying that you need to go home for Family reason.

2. Ask them to re-schedule FP conveniently to delay the process beyond 180.

3. INS can\'t decide on your case untill FP.

Summary:: By delaying FP your case will be pending for more then 180 and you are free to change the company according to 180 rule.

Note: This is not a legal advise so consult with your lawyer.

No Title

It is not too clear what you intend to say here. You say that "If you are about to get laid off >180 days of filing", ">" meaning greater than 180 days in which case you might be safe. Still there is no interpretation from INS but there is a good chance that you will be safe.

If you mean less than 180 days, then if the company lays u off and u are no longer on their payroll then your "family reason" and postponing the FP" is of no use.

I hope i understood your suggestion well. Here are the three circumstances that people who are about to get laid off think:

1- possibility of lay off before 180 days : "Cat on the wall" there is not much u can do as i mentioned above. If the company will keep u on record for a few more days to meet 180 days then it is good. Be in good terms with company. Might be tough in larger corporations.

2. People who get laid off before 180 days: "Bad" With luck, INS might not ask for RFE and ur case might be approved. But the best way is to look for another job which is prepared to sponser you. Might be able to retain PD though LC and i-140 might have to be redone.

3. People who get laid off after 180 days: "Better" Find a job in your field to meet the s2045 regulation. keep a copy of it for your records and hope that INS will give interpretation soon. Keep in good terms with old employer and the new employer should be good enough to support you if a situation arises.

4. Peopl who get laid off after stamping: "Best". You might be mostly free but life sometimes is not fair. Eventhough u dont worry about GC anymore, now you start thinking of how you are going to support yourself and your family without a job, blah blah blah.

Well that is life - take it as it comes.

No Title

sorry I mean less then 180 days. If you are in good terms just ask company to give you upaid vaction. That way you are still on the payroll. Once you come back 180 days are over you are no loger with the company or company does not exist should not matter to you.

No Title

snoop,

I have the same confusion as hariA. Why do you want to postpone
your finger print at all? If your finger prints are completed
early, chances are that your case will get approved shortly after.
I would think it is much better to get FP done as soon as possible.

ciba

No Title

ciba,

Here is the deal, I know my company might not last after July.
If I was some how able to delay my case till sep 9 since my RD is march 9. That means I wil pass 180 days, if asked for RFE will have offer letter from another company.

By delaying a process I am trying to go pass 180 so I can use it for my benifit.

later,
snoop

No Title

Don\'t delay! Get FP done ASAP. If laid off, work using EAD. I-485 will continue right along. If RFE for company, submit new company with same job discription. The new law is not yet defined & may cause long delays. The sooner your done, THE BETTER.

No Title

AC-21 says nothing about getting laid off before or after 180 days. All it says is that if your case has not been adjusted in 180 days after filing of I-485 YOU can cahnge employers. How the INS interprets lay-offs noone knows yet. So let\'s not try to give advice on issues that are not defined yet. Wait for an official declaration from the INS. Given the current job and economic situation the INS is bound to be considerate since maintaning good relations with INDIA is high on Bush\'s Priority list too.

No Title

Mannubhai,

I am suggesting was delay FP will delay on deciding the case which will exceed 180 days.

No Title

got laid off and ead is valid until sep 2001. applied for ead renewal.
485 is pending more than 9 months. please advise