Guys who are getting AP, please answer

ycc

Registered Users (C)
What reason do you use for getting AP (Business or Personal). If personal, what reasons would qualify. Does anybody get it for business, and then take a personal travel? Please advise. I am doing this myself and I need some help. Thanks.

the reason is

going home to visit family and friends. You can get AP in one week in the local INS.

Sample letter used by me.

ATTACHMENT TO FORM I-131 (APPLICATION FOR TRAVEL DOCUMENT)

Last First Middle
1000 S Fxxxxxx Road, Apt xxx
Lxxxxxx, IL 60xxx.
Date: 08/06/2000.

To Whom It May Concern

I am applying for Advance Parole as an Adjustment of status applicant. I am not planning to travel while my Adjustment of status application is pending. However, I request Multiple-Entry Advance Parole should a family emergency arise in India.

Thank you for your kind attention to my application for Advance Parole.

Sincerely,

(Last First Middle)

ahha is that what your wrote for AP, and ...

were you successful. I have read you can only get AP approved for emergencies. I am planning to go to local INS as well. Does marriage in family constitue an emergency? Please advise.
Thanks.

CM S or anybody else who got AP?

Have u checked with your lawyer to find out what constitutes an emergency besides death? Can marriage in family work? And is it ok to travel more than once on AP say couple of months apart?

Thanks for your help.

ycc

No need for emergency any more.

That\'s just the old old clause. That way you do it is to send the application to Local INS before Tuesday and it takes them 1 week to send you back. If you send the application after Tuesday, it takes them 2 weeks. At least this is the case in Philadelphia. I heard that they may take walk-in apps on emergency basis. But not so sure how to do it.

That\'s the letter I used for my AP.

The letter I pasted was, as it was submitted by me (& all other colleaugues) for AP. None of us had any problems.

What to do in case of I-131 approval mail delayed due to the USPS mail confusions??

INS telephone system indicates that my I-131 has been approved as of Oct\'10 and the approval letter has been mailed etc. But I have not received any letter yet. I will be traveling on Nov\'9 (for which tickets are confirmed). I am in a limbo right now; should I wait for the mailed approval or should I check with local INS and get a temporary one.

BTW, I am based in San Jose area, CA. Any idea where to go for temporary parole documents. My application received date is July\'9. So it has already been more than 90 days.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks