Guys, what happens when your out of country and GC is approved

yoda

Registered Users (C)
i have read on this board somewhere that you are deferred to "secondary inspection" if your GC is approved while you are out of country. Is there anyone here who has actually gone through this process. please chime in. also if it gets approved like this, should you pack up and come back the next day or is it ok to come back after a couple of weeks.
i have been postponing my vacation for so long coz of my pending 485 and i am still in a fix. sucks!
i'll use AP.

thanks!

You can enter US with your H1B, if you have one valid. If you have AP, you can enter with it. After entering US, you can take your approval letter to BCIS local office specified in your approval letter for I-551 processing.

use AP

Hi,
Your H1B will be invalid once your I-485 is approved. So, when you return to US, You have to use AP to enter.

My question is, Can I-485 be approved when you are out of country????. Before approving doesn't they check whether you are in the country or not using I-94????

Thanks.

I was out-a country when my GC was approved. I had an AP. Infact my attorney "insisted" that I use my AP to get in. I went throgh the usual AP process at POE.

Thank you denvergc!!,
Then, I dont have to postpone my trip to india. I have a valid AP. Could u tell me the procedure for leaving to india also??. do we have to show the AP before leaving or we give I-94 to the airliners?

Thanks in advance.

I was out-a country when my GC was approved. I had an AP. Infact my attorney "insisted" that I use my AP to get in. I went throgh the usual AP process at POE.

Please have mutiple copies of all documents because I have heard (haven't experienced though) that transit airports sometimes want copies of these and they don't have photocopiers. So they usually take the origianlls.

I called my lawyer about this as i plan on going to India in the near future. She said i should be good until six months.

But, i didnt ask her how to handle RFE's. Anyone has thoughts on that ??????????????