Guys, need help!

xyk

Registered Users (C)
Two things,
1, Unfortunately, we found my wife's original H-1 approval notice is missing when she starts to renew her H-1b. We have the photocopy of it. Does it hurt anyway?

2, On the H1-b renewal form, it says that "to your knowledge, has an application for labour certification or permanent residence ever been filed on behalf of the alien appointee?" If say yes, explain. We are on the AOS, what should we explain it?

Originally posted by xyk
Two things,
1, Unfortunately, we found my wife's original H-1 approval notice is missing when she starts to renew her H-1b. We have the photocopy of it. Does it hurt anyway?
A copy is sufficient provided you have the original I-94 attached to the approval notice.
2, On the H1-b renewal form, it says that "to your knowledge, has an application for labour certification or permanent residence ever been filed on behalf of the alien appointee?" If say yes, explain. We are on the AOS, what should we explain it?
Answer YES because you have a pending AOS.

same question

I have same question "if yes, explain".
Er, what can I explain? Anyone has a template for this?

Re: same question

Originally posted by kenboo
I have same question "if yes, explain".
Er, what can I explain? Anyone has a template for this?

Write down the BCIS receipt number and date of receipt for I-485.

Originally posted by xyk
How could I explain it a little bit more?

Just write this:
"Application to adjust to lawful permanent residence (I-485) filed on(date), Receipt number (number). Application based on approved I-140 (approval notice number, date)in EBx category."