Guys ... I need help..SOS..SOS..

umyal

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am on H1, filed labor from Philadelphia, PA in Aug 1999. Got it approved in Sep 2000. In meantime, my company fired the attorney who filed the labor.. but asked me to continue my case with him. He said he filed I 140 in Sep 2000. Till date no news of I 140. I don\'t trust this attorney anymore.. so found new one. After lot of phone calls and follow up, attorney1 sent copy of approved labor. Mean time company went into merger and again parted ways.. and shifted office to Florida. I have no problem with the job. Now if I have to file I 140 again, can I use the same Labor cert since I have now moved to Mass. ? Attorney2 says he is not experienced enough in PA. Is there any good attorney who deals with PA? I really appreciate if anyone can help me into this. I don\'t want to do the labor cert again.. and wait for 2 to 3 more years .. just for that...PLEASE HELP.....SOS...

I got similar problems too...

I have researched this question lately but yet had no chance to talk to my attorney directly only to an assistant.

The assistant told me that it is OK to move as my case was over the advertisement part. Frankly I don\'t think she understood me but I did not want to keep on going as I felt she was not sure.

My understanding is that if you move out of the MSA (Metropolitan Statistical Area) where your LC was approved than you can\'t use that LC to get a GC. If you stay within the MSA or you get relocated to your original MSA before you apply for GC you are fine. This question is included in the FAQ under green card questions on www.immigration.com . Just make a search on the page for the word "move". It says the same thing and more so read it.

At another "pretty good" immigration page (www.imminfo.com) I got the info that if you stay within 35 miles or within reasonable commuting distance that you are OK.

Anyhow in your case I think (and I am not a lawyer etc...) you\'ll have to do it again as you\'ve moved to a different state. I don\'t know if the fact wheather you have or have not filed I-485 yet would change anything.

Anyone here with some better info on the subject?