Gurus - Please help

calerius

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I am in a unique situation. I filed I140/I485 in the month of January and online message says I got it approved on March12th...Got married in Febraury. I was going to travel on May 13th to get my spouse. Her H4 appointment was in the last week of May.
Since I have a valid H1 I didn't apply for AP/EAD. And the online message says that it is approved and I don't have any document supporting that. Is it safe for me travel and come back ? Is there any recourse I can take to get my wife back with me..
It would great and highly appreciate if someone were to comment on my situation.

Thanks

If both I-140 and I-485 are approved, then you have to get your I-485 approval and also get your passport stamped.
I doubt if you can travel in H1 now.
If only I-140 is approved, you are OK.

No approval letter yet

I don't have the approval letter yet. Is there a window of opportunity that I can get my wife on H4 and get an F1 by the time I get the stamping done. Is that something I can try ? I-140 message does not reflect the approval yet. Does that give me a window ?

Thanks
Praveen

If your I-485 is approved, then assume that I-140 is also approved.
It's just that ur status message hasn't been updated.
If your I-485 was approved on March 12th, you should have got approvals letter by now. Check with your attorney.
And you need to think again about how you can bring your wife back to US.
H4 is no option now.
I assume that you had not added your wife to your I-485 application.

It is a typo..The message was on May 12th..I was travelling on emeregency on May13th..I had the online message updated on I-485..No change in online message for I-140. Neither my lawyers nor me recieved anything in mail on that day..I tried to the emergency number too..no luck..In fact I talked to 3 different attorneys and they told me it alright, but not in as many words..