Guru's Please help me out. (Parents issues)

Niel

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I wanna call my parents from India for a 3-4 month visit for the first time. But here is the scenario.

My wife filed for I-485 in Dec 2001. I'm on H1-B but my I-94 has expired and I used to work for diff company and I have a visa stamped on my passport from the previous company. Before I got laid off from the previous company I filed my H1 from the new one which has been approved but that H1 will expire on june 2003. Now my questions are:

1) Do I need to file for another H1 extension since I'll be calling my parents in june 2003. I'm wondering because I'll be sending them papers and I hope I have to send the copy of my H1 papers too. Right?
2) Do I need to get the Visa stamped from the new employer because I think I need to send the copy of my visa too. Right? If this is the case then, is it going to be problem because my wife filed for I-485 when I was with previous employer?
3) Can I file for another extension 7 months in advance?

Please help.....

Thanks
Niel

send the papers AS IS now

Ask your parents to apply for 10 Years Multiple entry. This will help your case!!

Niel,

Your initial post had "(Parent issues)" in its header, if that was the issue, gbaliga answered the question appropriately! Ask your parents to go for a multiple entry tourist visa in the near future.

If they can show enough money/attachment and desire to come back to India there will be no problems in obtaining the visa, specially if they are around 60 years of age!

Whereby your three additional questions all leading to the main point of getting your parents over are moot!

Good luck with your case!

Parents visit

1) Do I need to file for another H1 extension since I'll be calling my parents in june 2003. I'm wondering because I'll be sending them papers and I hope I have to send the copy of my H1 papers too. Right?
> If your wife filed 485 in Dec 2001, you should get green card before June, 2003. You don't have to extend your h1 in that case.
If you don't have green card, you would need to send parents your H1 information, I-94 card, bank statement, etc. And I would suggest you keep the passport and H1 valid for at least a year from the date you send them the paper.
2) Do I need to get the Visa stamped from the new employer because I think I need to send the copy of my visa too. Right? If this is the case then, is it going to be problem because my wife filed for I-485 when I was with previous employer?
> You don't have to stamp a visa on passport using new H1 because the new H1 was approved based on you are in the country. You just have to send your parents your new I-94 card copy on the new H1 approval paper.
3) Can I file for another extension 7 months in advance?
> It is good to file extension 6 months earlier before it expires.