Guru's Pl Help

SriSai

Registered Users (C)
Yday my case is approved and I already posted all details.

I have yet to receive official communication from INS.

My company(a MultiNational) wants me to go out of Country on Tuesday for about 3 days.

Is it OK to go now.

My friend says that since 485 is approved parole, ead becomes invalid and I can go out of Country only after the stamping.

But my contention is that since we did not officially receive any communcation so far, I can leave the Country and come back in 4 days.

What do you advise?

SriSai

First of all congratulation on ur approval.

Your friend is right about AP and EAD. Once ur 485 is approved, u are a permenant resident and all ur previous visa status becomes void.

Approval letter comes within couple of weeks and it is always better to have I-551 stamp on ur PP and travel abroad. U might have to go for secondary inspection at POE in US while returning as u dont have a plastic yet.

It is always better to be safe than sorry.

dont have to worry

Its the same case with my friend also: He called INS and lawyer and confirmed that its not a problem to travel abroad since you did not receive your approval. Just travel with your AP as if you do not know anything about your approval.

Actually my friend got the approval, but he did not check his mailbox on that day and travelled outside the country. But he knes that his case was approved through AVM. There was no problem while entering USA at INS check.

Ofcourse, contact your lawyer also to get the confirmed info.