Gurus, I need your advice !!!!!!

kumar46

Registered Users (C)
Raju595 or others..I need your advice !!!!!!

Hello All,
my I-140 is Approved for CP at Chennai on 05/10/2004 and I am getting all my papers ready. I will explain my case details and I need your advice on how to get around this issue.

My first I-140/I485/EAD/AP was filed with Vermont by Company A(I am not working with this company right now, but they are supporting my petetion for future employment) on 05/19/2003 and EAD is approved for both my wife and myself in 08/12/2003. My wife is currently working on EAD and her H4 visa expired in July 2003(we did not apply for her extension of H4 because we already applied for I-485 on 05/19/2003, so she is not out of status). My second I-140 was filed with NSC by company B(I am working with them right now on H1 and is valid till sep2004) on 04/22/2004 and was approved on 05/10/2004 for CP at Chennai.
Now my questions are...
1. Since my wife doesn't have a vaild approval notice after her H4 expiry, will it be a problem at consulate.(She has a valid EAD/AP)
2. She first came on H4 in 1999 and got converted to H1B and started working right away(without leaving the country, so she did not get her H1 stamped) and then she converted to H4 in 2001(without leaving the country). She visited India in 10/2003(after 4 years of entry into US for the first time) and returned on AP(she did not get her H4 stamped at the consulate since she wanted to work here on EAD) and started working on EAD. Will this create a confusion at the consulate or is this normal??
3. Does consulate folks understand the fact that if a person is on I485 he is not violating the status????

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Please advise me it's ok for me to go with consular???????? I have all the records and never violated status.. I am worried bcos does consulate folks look into all these details????

Kumar

Last edited by a moderator: