Gurus.. I need your advice on relocation

vijguy

Registered Users (C)
I am in a dilemma to decide whether to relocate to a new place or not. I am a August 2002 I-485 filer and did my 2nd FP on April 10th. So far I used my H1-B, but I crossed the 6th year mark on April 14th and now working on EAD.

My office is located in DC area, but right now I am travelling to mid west every week to work at client site. Because of family reasons, I would like to relocate to mid west. In addition, company agreed to pay $2,500/ month as expenses + moving expenses if I relocate to mid west.

I am not sure when I get my GC gets approved. I don't want to miss the extra monetary benefit I will get. Is it OK to relocate at this moment or do you guys want me to wait till I get my GC to avoid all the paper work hastles to send to USCIS regarding relocation.

It is very good opportunity for me to get a very good monetory benefit. I don't even need to pay taxes to the benefit amount as I need to charge it as expenses instead of PierDiem.

Gurus.. your valuable suggestions..

It is perfectly ok to relocate.
Submit AR-11 and call up the 1-800.... number to inform CIS about your relocation.
Do not miss oportunities, in the hope that your GC will not get screwed up.

Getting approval has become a lottery. The timelines are completely uncertain. You may get approved anytime between 2 days to 2 years. In these conditions it does not make any sense for any one to plan anything with an expectation that they will get approved soon. The better plan would be do everything with an expectation that your approval is not around the corner. That way you will not put your life in dilemma for a long time. So file AR11 and change the address. It's not a hastle. You just send one page letter writinng your case number , old address and new address. After sending it, call the customer service (after 2 weeks) and update the address over the phone also.

Thank you guys..

I also thought the same. But I would like to consult the wonderful and honest people here for their advice. I will go ahead and relocate..

Thanks again

Wow, $2,500/month!!

You could use a few hundred of the money to keep your current place (apt or whatever) and have a friend to live there for free while watching mails for you until GC approval. What's the problem? :) :) :)

ekurian said:
It is perfectly ok to relocate.
Submit AR-11 and call up the 1-800.... number to inform CIS about your relocation.
Do not miss oportunities, in the hope that your GC will not get screwed up.

Good advice!