Guru's help needed please

Reshmi

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
My husband’s H1-B has been extended for the 7th year. We sent my I-539 form to Texas for H4 extension after that. My I-539 receipt date is Jan 27th 2004.
My question is I might be required to go to India in August 2004.What are my options if my I-539 is not approved till August? My old I-94 expired on Feb 6th 2004.

Thanks in advance.

The only way you can enter US is, if you have a valid visa stamped on ur passport. So the approval should come and you should get a stamp in India or by mail in US before you leave.

Since your husbands H1 extension is approved, than you can use the appropriate documents to obtain a stamp when u r in India. Ur extension application will be deemed to be abandoned.

The only other alternative is that if you have a valid approved AP valid on the date u return then you can reenter. But you have to have the AP approval before you leave.

Hope this helps

Reshmi said:
Hi guys,
My husband’s H1-B has been extended for the 7th year. We sent my I-539 form to Texas for H4 extension after that. My I-539 receipt date is Jan 27th 2004.
My question is I might be required to go to India in August 2004.What are my options if my I-539 is not approved till August? My old I-94 expired on Feb 6th 2004.

Thanks in advance.