Gurus, Help me out...About to get laid off

InBlackHole

1. I am going to file my 485 now. I need to ask you guys that if I go for leave of absence, how it would affect my application.

2. How my GC be affected if I transfer H1 to some other company but my GC stays with previous company since they are about to fire me, THIS Month. But I am convincing them to let me go for leave of absence till I find another Job.

Help me out you all.

You\'ll be OK

You\'ll be Ok even if they fire You. GC and H1 are 2 different channels.

To remain in status, you need to get second Job ASAP.

Try to go on Leave of Absense as long you ahve to and get it in writing.
Also, Don\'t wait in applying for I-485.

Other Gurus will be advising you soon.

Good Luck,

really? too good to be true, who can confirm?

Hi Experts:
I am in the same situation. My company informed us layoff will be effect in a few days. I luckly found a new job and the transferred H1 application has been filed.

But my I485 was filed in mid June, just one month and not receipt yet. I assume this is a disaster for me and I am going to lose all efferts for PR process according to 180 days law.

Did I hear correctly? I can change job, but still keep the original I485 valid ? Only consecutive employment is required, don\'t have to stay with old employer for 6 months after receipt ?

This is a question for life. Gurus, please advise!!!

Mike

No Title

Just my 2 cents. I am not sure about processing another H1. I think you guys need a attorneys\' view about it. Please dont take a hasty decision. About 485 being current, it is quite possible to keep it running. Your employer should give an intent to employ you when you get the GC. After 180 days you dont have to get the intent also. If my understanding is correct, Company A can process GC for a guy working company B as long as he is willing to join company A after getting GC and company A intends to employ him after getting GC. Hey guys this is a big decision so please take attorney\'s view on this... I dont know why when I try to type view I type Wife...:)

No Title

Guys ,

Important thing is now to get a job ASAP.

Continue with the I-485 processing as planned now. I mean submit the application as early as possible .

Once you do both the above things , then talk to a good attorney like Rajeev Khanna or Ms.Moorthy to have their opinion. I\'m sure you will be Ok.