GURU Pl. help me !!!

GC_RD_1701

Registered Users (C)
Guru(s) pl. help me regarding my following question:-

Due to emergency, I'll go to Newark District office to get Advace Parole for me and family in this Thursday. I have checked in web at BCIS as under

Paying Fees:
Please note that this office does accept cash for in-person transactions only. Mail-in fees must be paid by certified check, money order, or personal check. Click here for more information on the payment of immigration fees after March 1, 2003.

Just to double sure that only I have to pay in Cash for each person ($110). No certified check or money order, or personal check. Is this right? Anybody has any experience pl. reply.

Thanks & Regards

I don't have experience, but if you copied exactly what they've written on the site, then yes -the text means that you can pay cash if you go there in person (also, you could have a certified check or a money order or a personal check in person), but if you had mailed the application in, they wouldn't accept cash!

Hope that helps!

When my wife went for same day AP she paid by personal check. To be safe carry both cash and check.

She had carried check which only had my name - so they were first saying no - but then she showed them my EAD and then they accepted the check.

If you have a joint account carry checks which have both names on it, that may save some trouble.